the Manchester City have no history thread ;-)

Balti

For starters.......

Who is that still retains the highest home attendance of any English football club in history?

Yes little old Manchester City - 84,569 fans packed Maine Road for a sixth round FA Cup tie against Stoke City in 1934. We went on to win the cup of course and a certain Matt Busby played for City.

Let me repeat that for rags/ scousers/ cockneys etc - MANCHESTER CITY ARE THE TEAM WITH THE BIGGEST HOME CROWD FOR A GAME IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL HISTORY.....EVER

When supporters of other clubs start comparing attendances and saying that we have no history this should be one of the first statistics that Blues should reach for.

I can't find any footage of this record breaking game. Anyone got any? I did find this though....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvm9ji6dE3c[/youtube]

Perhaps we should compile a list of all our other completely non-historical achievements that never happened in this thread so we have all our ammunition in one place?

Nothing to be proud of, but my old man says we're the only team to be relegated as champions. Can anyone deny/confirm?

mike1923 said:
Nothing to be proud of, but my old man says we're the only team to be relegated as champions. Can anyone deny/confirm?

i can confirm this is bollox....

however we did get relegated the season AFTER winning the league...

we are also the only team to have scored and conceded 100 goals in a season.

oh and we have big floodlights and a big pitch apparently !!!!

actually i didnt read ur post properly and u r indeed correct . !!!

sput the wonder pig said:
mike1923 said:

i can confirm this is bollox....

however we did get relegated the season AFTER winning the league...

we are also the only team to have scored and conceded 100 goals in a season.

oh and we have big floodlights and a big pitch apparently !!!!

actually i didnt read ur post properly and u r indeed correct . !!!

Manchester City were champions in 1936-37
Manchester City were then relegated in 1937-38, scoring more goals than anyone else in the league.

So it's not bollix at all. If they'd have beaten Huddersfield on the last game of the season then they wouldn't have been.

sir malcom said:
mike1923 said:
pretty sure this happened to ipswich though

Ipswich have never won the league!!

As we're so rich and we have no history and we definately deserve some..... I think we should be putting in a bid to buy the dippers history...I'm sure they'll listen to offers??

scorer said:
sir malcom said:
pretty sure this happened to ipswich though

As we're so rich and we have no history and we definately deserve some..... I think we should be putting in a bid to buy the dippers history...I'm sure they'll listen to offers??
would you like a pint bet scorer

sir malcom said:
scorer said:

would you like a pint bet scorer

Nah, just done my research... 1961/62 (should have known.... year I was born).

However, if the pint included that they got relegated (as did City) the year after I may consider it.

That said....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.