The Manchester Derby Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is I bet BaconChops would snatch your hand off now for a point! Do they come like last year and try get a draw or nick it? Or go all out attack that the scum usually do in their games? They know if they go all out attack they'll get ripped apart! So I'm going for them to park the bus and hit us on the break like every team we play...

waspish said:
The thing is I bet BaconChops would snatch your hand off now for a point! Do they come like last year and try get a draw or nick it? Or go all out attack that the scum usually do in their games? They know if they go all out attack they'll get ripped apart! So I'm going for them to park the bus and hit us on the break like every team we play...

Not sure, I think Mancini would accept a draw as well.

He doesnt risk these days, Chelsea were there for taking, yesterday he only made like for like subs.

Fergie would be happy with a draw that sure.

How about if Milner isn't fit:

----------------------------Hart--------------------------------

Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic/Lescott Clichy

Barry Yaya

Silva Tevez

Balotelli Aguero

Just a thought based on on a previous mention of playing Tevez as attacking midfielder. Tevez's workrate is needed but then again Nasri played well yesterday.

Damanino said:
waspish said:

Not sure, I think Mancini would accept a draw as well.

He doesnt risk these days, Chelsea were there for taking, yesterday he only made like for like subs.

Fergie would be happy with a draw that sure.

Yeah you probably right.. I'd only settler for a draw if we are losing with 5 mins to go...

While I'm never confident going into a derby and hate the week leading up to it, I believe no team in the league plays into our hands more than United. A light midfield and a defence lacking discipline and susceptible to conceding plenty of goals. They rely so much on their wingers that it leaves space in the middle, space lacking in many of our games for us to operate in. The exception was in April when Baconface brought a curiously negative United to the Etihad and tried to stifle us at the expense of any attacking threat from his team, but still failed. But you just can't predict the derby games, people expected us to smash them in January, but they came out of the blocks fast and their referee sent Kompany off within 15 minutes making it a struggle. Don't rule out one of their dodgy referees playing a part.

PS: Work on our corner taking this week, they were all over the place from Reading's.

Anderson out is good I think, i've heard Rags praising his performances of late. is Valencia back from injury? and Vidic?

xzbit04 said:
Anderson out is good I think, i've heard Rags praising his performances of late. is Valencia back from injury? and Vidic?

They find Valencia their worst player this season, he's not close to last one, that's for sure. Anderson was playing very good recently, it's good if he's out. I doubt Vidic would be used for this one after the injury even if he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.