The Manchester Derby Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
xzbit04 said:
Heard Gary Neville will be commentating, sad thing is, he will probably be the more impartia of the two commentators
Him and Tyler are consummate professionals and u should be lucky u get to listen to them

waspish said:
The thing is I bet BaconChops would snatch your hand off now for a point! Do they come like last year and try get a draw or nick it? Or go all out attack that the scum usually do in their games? They know if they go all out attack they'll get ripped apart! So I'm going for them to park the bus and hit us on the break like every team we play...

I'm with you - SAF would be happy with a point and Mancini won't see defeat as the end of the world either.

Our defence has looked pretty solid so I'm confident we can contain RVP/Rooney, but our strikers really havent got going yet this season.

Got a feeling this one will be a bit of a damp squib - 0-0 as both teams too scared to lose (similar to a midweek game at the Etihad a couple of seasons ago?)

I have two big worries

Mancini plays at full strength at dortmund and we are tired on Sunday

We start the derby as slow as previous games and let them settle into their rythm

I also think our strikers need to show more desire

onceabluealways said:
I have two big worries

Mancini plays at full strength at dortmund and we are tired on Sunday

We start the derby as slow as previous games and let them settle into their rythm

I also think our strikers need to show more desire

Did we not start the last 2 derbies slow.especially the one at the swamp..we have notthing to fear but ourselves.

Check out Red Cafe. They don't sound very confident to me. Our unimaginative attack during the Everton game, and their concession of 3 goals against Reading has left us with two sets of fans with anxiety about the derby:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/so-how-we-going-beat-city-next-sunday-362594/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/so-how-we-goi ... ay-362594/</a>

The nerves are starting to set in so I just went and watched some of last seasons home derby and Vinnys goal for reassurance and it's done the trick. Win at home against the Rags to go back to the top of the league last season and this and although we had begun that incredible roll last time, the pressure then must have been so much greater than now and the team pulled through in style. We CAN do this. We MUST do this! BELIEVE!

akcity said:
Solihull Samba Boys said:
FantasyIreland said:
-----------------------------Hart---------------------------

Zaba------------Kompany--------Nasty----------Clichy------

-----------------------------Barry------------------------

---------Milner-------------Yaya--------------Silva------------

-------------------Aguero-------------Tevez--------------

Exactly what I'd go with. Milner can cover Yaya when he makes those bursts forward.

almost agree but Balo simply loves playing the Rags so i would start with him and Tevez as he also has a huge grudge against them - get the best out of certain players using them in the correct games...

Double edged sword that. If anything I would like to see Balo as an impact sub second half. Agree he has to make an appearance though.

I this is an ideal match for Balotelli to start he loves beating United and Bacon face.

I will be very surprised if we field a full strength team tomorrow night. we need to forget the CL now and put 100% commitment into securing our Prem title.

The last situation I want is to win against Dortmund (even though it would be nice) and for us to actually end up in the Europa league. That imo would damage our title hopes.

Anyway, we may not have been firing on all cylinders so far, but i reckon the derby against the scum will the kick-start our players need to push on.

Score on Sunday....3-1 to City, with Yaya and Silva destroying the muppet midfield of anderson, carrick & co

CTID

HEre we go again, the office banter has started again. i can't really get involved, cos i hate them with every bone in my body...players, supporters, manager etc etc.

I can't even think about loosing this game, it will take me weeks to recover

My hatred of them is totally irrational now, and gets worse every year.

Ferdinand, hernandez, rooney, anderson, ferguson, evra....i just want to smash their faces in

I can't stand seeing them smile

Please city, beat this shit at weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.