The Manchester Derby Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not felt like derby week. Barely anyone in work has spoken about it; Blue or red, and i don't have the usual excitement/apprehensive butterflies i normally have.

Anyone know if there is training and/or a press conference today or whether with the game being Sunday they're keeping the media out ?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The cookie monster said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Whilst not fatal to our chances of winning the league, a defeat on Sunday has to be avoided at all costs. Sections of the press will seize upon a loss and underlying problems that have been present all season may take on a momentum of their own. Also, six points is a big psychological gap, and although recent history has taught us not an insurmountable one, it's a challenge I'd rather avoid if possible. People assuming lightning will definitely strike twice are allowing their hearts to rule their heads I'm afraid. I could happen, but I wouldn't bet on it.

So where does that leave Mancini in terms of how he approaches Sunday? Does he play a cautious game, knowing the potential price of defeat?

No he should not. His tenure at this club has been hallmarked by some truly breathtaking performances. More so than any club in recent history, including Mourinho's Chelsea. This team is at its best when the shackles are off. united's weak spots are their central midfield and defence and we have the ammunition to completely overpower them if we are set up right.

Disappointment in Europe under Mancini has usually been immediately followed by a high octane performance in the league. I expect the same on Sunday and we can remind united and the rest of the footballing world what a force of nature we can be and why we're Champions.
Good post
I really do fancy us to give them one hell of a beating.

I really hope you are right pal. Taking my lad to school today we were talking about Sunday. He is bricking it (so am I) but I am confident we are the better team and can beat these fookers.
A draw isn't the end of the world though
I was more worried playing everton last week than facing these fuckers
We will be top sunday night mate.

I can be the most pessimistic of blues when predicting how games will go, especially against this lot.

However for the first time I can remember I am actually confident about this one. 3-1 City coming from behind and scoring the third late on.
This could very well end in tears!!

The cookie monster said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The cookie monster said:
Good post
I really do fancy us to give them one hell of a beating.

I really hope you are right pal. Taking my lad to school today we were talking about Sunday. He is bricking it (so am I) but I am confident we are the better team and can beat these fookers.
A draw isn't the end of the world though
I was more worried playing everton last week than facing these fuckers
We will be top sunday night mate.

Fingers crossed mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.