The Mario Balotelli "hype"

Armaan

For years now we've all heard pundits bang on about this "world class talent" that Mario supposedly possesses. Saw him live for two years and never once got what all the fuss was about. If he wasn't such an idiot I doubt he'd get all the hype surrounding him, surely there's more that agree with me?

To put it simply is there any one skill that Balotelli is not proficient at? Then apart from fitness is there anything he lacks physically? Those are the reasons he is a world class talent.

supercrystal7 said:
To put it simply is there any one skill that Balotelli is not proficient at? Then apart from fitness is there anything he lacks physically? Those are the reasons he is a world class talent.
Having the talent and using it to potential are two completely different things. Sadly will never reach potential for the simple reason, he just doesn't care enough

MR.X said:
supercrystal7 said:
Having the talent and using it to potential are two completely different things. Sadly will never reach potential for the simple reason, he just doesn't care enough
I agree I don't think he will ever reach his potential, but the question was why he was regarded as a world class talent.

Very good player on his day but way to inconsistent and isn't worth the baggage for top teams imo.

And he isn't anywhere near world class. World class is Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Aguero etc

Re: The Mario Balotelli "hype"

Totally unjustified.
Puts a shift in once every Preston Guild

He's more of a celebrity than an athlete.

This is what it boils down to. He gets the website traffic, tv audiences and will sell the shirts.

He'll turn the skill on when he can be bothered.

We as Blues do need to recognise and respect him though in my view quite simply for "that" pass which lead to "that" goal.

Oh and the memorable goal in the 6-1 at the Swamp.

Sure it could of been quite easily any other player on those days.... but it wasn't.

Re: The Mario Balotelli "hype"

supercrystal7 said:
He doesn't have it upstairs. A lot of elite sport is played in the head and Balotelli is mentally weak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.