The Mario Balotelli "hype"

He has the skill set but doesn't have the application to become a top player.

Re: The Mario Balotelli

Bluewonder said:
supercrystal7 said:
To put it simply is there any one skill that Balotelli is not proficient at? Then apart from fitness is there anything he lacks physically? Those are the reasons he is a world class talent.
He doesn't have it upstairs. A lot of elite sport is played in the head and Balotelli is mentally weak.
Depends on what you mean by mentally weak. He can certainly play well under pressure and has actually had most of his best games n the biggest occasions. He is mentally weak in the sense that he does not put the work in to make the most of his potential or focus all year around, but lots of young players are like that and change when they mature. Balotelli though is no longer a kid, he is 24 and should have matured by now. I don't think there is much chance of him ever living up to his potential and as someone said Welbeck will probably outscore.

As has been said in thousands of words use in countless posts on the man he HAS all the attributes to BE a world class talent but he very rarely applies them,except in flashes.He is also lazy and temperamental,indeed if he applied that lack of effort in a team of workers in any other industry he would be sacked.

The penny might drop with him at some stage who knows?If he works hard in training,controls his temper and gives his all on a football field he could become the player everyone said he would be.I won't be holding my breath though.

Hopefully blues are starting to see the shit that he is. I remember posts saying 'fuck buying Ronaldo, let's make balotelli our own legend'. Well that worked out well. I said after 6 months he was here that he would end up jumping from club to club, ending up in mid table mediocrity in Italy. So far, I'm right.
Too many 'blues' got worryingly caught up in the global superstar rather than actually caring about what he was here for. The day he fucked off was the best thing the club did.
Fuck him.

Pigeonho said:
Hopefully blues are starting to see the shit that he is. I remember posts saying 'fuck buying Ronaldo, let's make balotelli our own legend'. Well that worked out well. I said after 6 months he was here that he would end up jumping from club to club, ending up in mid table mediocrity in Italy. So far, I'm right.
Too many 'blues' got worryingly caught up in the global superstar rather than actually caring about what he was here for. The day he fucked off was the best thing the club did.
Fuck him.
You were right

Pigeonho said:
Fuck him.

Well done mate.

He'll never reach the heights his skill deserves. He hasn't got the mental strength to deal with the pressure the ultimate top players in the world (Messi, Ronaldo, several of the German WC squad, even Bale) deal with. Pity, as some of his skills are sublime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.