The media, us and the rags - the truth

Looking at the way the media is fawning i think PB has been justified.

argyle said:
In other news I thought this picture from twitter was quite funny.

A famous scene done in 8-bit.

BJiAOp_CIAEYoNH.jpg:large

LOVE IT!

blueinsa said:
Rags get beat, have a player sent off for kicking an opponent and hey fucking presto......

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8694305/could-jones-become-united's-best-ever" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8 ... -best-ever</a>?

The **** is doing what he does best and the media lap it fucking up!

That frightened me for a split second. More warning next time please.

great edit by the beeb this morning

Sir Alex Ferguson: An honour to face him says Robert Mancini

Comments (285)
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says it has been "a great honour and pleasure" to take on Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Ferguson, 71, will retire at the end of season after 26 years in charge and will be replaced by David Moyes.
Mancini said: "It was a great honour to beat him at Old Trafford and I wish him good luck for his future.
"I don't think there'll be another manager like him. To win every trophy for 27 years is incredible situation."

stonerblue said:

Comments (285)
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says it has been "a great honour and pleasure" to take on Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
Ferguson, 71, will retire at the end of season after 26 years in charge and will be replaced by David Moyes.
Mancini said: "It was a great honour to beat him at Old Trafford and I wish him good luck for his future.
"I don't think there'll be another manager like him. To win every trophy for 27 years is incredible situation."

I'm fairly new to this forum and sometimes wonder what sort of future Manchester United may have.

The things I understand regarding Manchester United are as follows:-

1) That in my opinion Sir Matt Busby was the man who made Manchester United a great club in first place winning the prestigious European Cup in 1968 and more titles. Had it not been for the Munich Air Disaster in 1958, SMB would have won more.

2) Regardless of Alex Ferguson and his achievements as football manager and his eventual knighthood, AF isn't respected in the same way that Brian Clough, Bob Paisley, Bill Shankly, Jock Stein and Howard Kendall and George Graham were.

3) Alex Ferguson fell out with players and firstly got ruthless with Jaap Stam, secondly David Beckham and lastly Roy Keane, where Roy Keane stood up to him to the best and the Keane and Ferguson feud going to continue throughout the remainder of the 2010s and well into the 2020s and 2030s with Roy Keane trying to be successful to some extent within football in some sort of capacity, be it Manager, Assistant Manager or a place on the board such as the FAI (Football Association of Ireland) and his disputes with John Delaney over the mediocre, semi-professional standards of their football and leagues in general, which are the equivalent of England's League 2 and England's Blue Square Division in terms of standards and stadium capacities. Keane/O'Neill a potential Clough/Taylor duo with Keane and O'Neill learning from Brian Clough having played at Nottingham Forest?

4) Roy Keane put his body on the line for Manchester United many times and without his leadership and influence, Manchester United would never have got to the 1999 European Cup final and even winning it so late on in the game. Roy Keane and Eric Cantona were the 2 main influences. Yes, Roy Keane went on their TV channel and his departure weeks later, but Alex Ferguson also overstepped the mark prior to that in 2004, where Ferguson fell out with Manchester United's major shareholder over buying a horse and also to strive for control and power as Roy Keane rightly pointed out, which resulted in the Glazer takeover with Ferguson sucking up to the Glazers. From 2005/2006 onwards, C.Ronaldo was the catalyst helping to win the trophies and then Rooney, Tevez and Van Persie, before Ferguson finally recommended David Moyes because he was a tenacious, determined Scot and also to try to Evertonise Manchester United to sort of let the United fans down gently with bad results that the Blue half of Manchester is taking over and for the Red half to get used to it.

On the other hand, Manchester City - Similarities to West Ham United in London where both of these have Sky Blue in their club's colours, a 30+ year drought of not winning a major trophy (League Title, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup or European Cup) and West Ham United possibly growing as a club when they move from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium in 2016, where West Ham United would get a possible takeover and turned into a force challenging for trophies?

In 15-20 years time, can Manchester City also realistically grow as a club and Manchester United experiencing financial problems, attendances at Old Trafford dropping, even the loss of the ground or, at least closure of some of it and Manchester United getting relegated to either the Championship or League 1 and never ever recovering, as well as losing their sponsors of Nike and AON/Cheverlot and ending up with sponsors like Admiral and Errea etc?

chris2012 said:
stonerblue said:

Comments (285)

I'm fairly new to this forum and sometimes wonder what sort of future Manchester United may have.

1) That in my opinion Sir Matt Busby was the man who made Manchester United a great club in first place winning the prestigious European Cup in 1968 and more titles. Had it not been for the Munich Air Disaster in 1958, SMB would have won more.

2) Regardless of Alex Ferguson and his achievements as football manager and his eventual knighthood, AF isn't respected in the same way that Brian Clough, Bob Paisley, Bill Shankly, Jock Stein and Howard Kendall and George Graham were.

3) Alex Ferguson fell out with players and firstly got ruthless with Jaap Stam, secondly David Beckham and lastly Roy Keane, where Roy Keane stood up to him to the best and the Keane and Ferguson feud going to continue throughout the remainder of the 2010s and well into the 2020s and 2030s with Roy Keane trying to be successful to some extent within football in some sort of capacity, be it Manager, Assistant Manager or a place on the board such as the FAI (Football Association of Ireland) and his disputes with John Delaney over the mediocre, semi-professional standards of their football and leagues in general, which are the equivalent of England's League 2 and England's Blue Square Division in terms of standards and stadium capacities. Keane/O'Neill a potential Clough/Taylor duo with Keane and O'Neill learning from Brian Clough having played at Nottingham Forest?

4) Roy Keane put his body on the line for Manchester United many times and without his leadership and influence, Manchester United would never have got to the 1999 European Cup final and even winning it so late on in the game. Roy Keane and Eric Cantona were the 2 main influences. Yes, Roy Keane went on their TV channel and his departure weeks later, but Alex Ferguson also overstepped the mark prior to that in 2004, where Ferguson fell out with Manchester United's major shareholder over buying a horse and also to strive for control and power as Roy Keane rightly pointed out, which resulted in the Glazer takeover with Ferguson sucking up to the Glazers. From 2005/2006 onwards, C.Ronaldo was the catalyst helping to win the trophies and then Rooney, Tevez and Van Persie, before Ferguson finally recommended David Moyes because he was a tenacious, determined Scot and also to try to Evertonise Manchester United to sort of let the United fans down gently with bad results that the Blue half of Manchester is taking over and for the Red half to get used to it.

On the other hand, Manchester City - Similarities to West Ham United in London where both of these have Sky Blue in their club's colours, a 30+ year drought of not winning a major trophy (League Title, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup or European Cup) and West Ham United possibly growing as a club when they move from Upton Park to the Olympic Stadium in 2016, where West Ham United would get a possible takeover and turned into a force challenging for trophies?

In 15-20 years time, can Manchester City also realistically grow as a club and Manchester United experiencing financial problems, attendances at Old Trafford dropping, even the loss of the ground or, at least closure of some of it and Manchester United getting relegated to either the Championship or League 1 and never ever recovering, as well as losing their sponsors of Nike and AON/Cheverlot and ending up with sponsors like Admiral and Errea etc?
Not wanting to be rude, but I rather think you're on the wrong forum. In fact, I very much doubt there's a 'right' forum for this sort of stuff.

chris2012 said:
stonerblue said:

Comments (285)

I thought if an infinite number of monkeys were given typewriters we were supposed to get Shakespeare.

chris2012 said:
stonerblue said:

Comments (285)

Your post is all about man united. To be honest, man united aren't city's rivals any more. We are more focused on arsenal, Chelsea and Barcelona.

I hope things don't continue as they are because, as well as being 6 easy points, Manchester needs two premier league clubs.

chris2012 said:
stonerblue said:

Comments (285)

Manchester? Trafford Borough Christopher. United haven't played at home in Manchester for many years.

Busby played for City before this.

What makes you think this? Fergiscum managed in a different society with mass media presence and his every move analysed. Some of his away from football antics have put people off him. Maybe if Shankly was managing whilst Sky Sports were around we'd think differently of him?

Blue half of Manchester is taking over and for the Red half to get used to it.
Know your history.... City have been a successful club over the years. United have been a poor side with relegation. Football has cycles and The Rags have had a very long winning cycle with the influence of Tv money. Some yanks bought out the club with debt money and have zapped it's financial resources.

We are growing already. our owners are putting the right foundations in place such as the new Academy to further prosper the only football team in Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.