Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A minority of players’ contracts expired in May. Some extended their contracts formally. Some extended de facto. Would you please explain where is the “massive hole” in the argument and how it sheds light on the Messi situation?

If not, I’ll assume the massive hole might be found elsewhere.
Player’s contracts are controlled by the governing body so the massive hole could be FIFA making special provision for COVID. Messi could argue that his get out clause was extended to the end of the season https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...-player-contracts-transfer-window_395745.html

The massive hole in that argument are the vast quantity of players in world football who played in July and August despite their “contracts” expiring in May!
Thats the point, their contracts didnt expire in May, they were 'automatically' extended to cover until the last game of their season, due to Covid. The terms of this extension were posted earlier in the thread.

I think Jesus is not enough. Jesus, Bernardo, Foden, even Sterling, in a package all together, ..., but even this is not enough. Do people know really how much is Messi's salary in Barca? They ll be able to get 4-5 top players as they offload Messi. I think UEFA would chase us with FFP the first day after signing him. I don't see any other club apart from PSG doing this, with a massive help of a large team of corporate solicitors.

Yes, UEFA will ban City with Messi in the team... FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.