Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this new reports about Messi going in to training and all on Sunday/Monday as he doesn't want sanctions by club? If he has sent I'm Out fax, then what does he care ...
He can be fined two weeks wages for not turning up, roughly £2-3m

All the rumours we have heard suggest that Barca effectively pushed Messi out. I don't think they want a poisonous atmosphere in Barcelona between Messi and the club but if they play hard ball over a fee then that might allow another club in above City. That would also depend on how keen Messi is to go to a certain club.

You'd think after 20 years Barcelona would treat their player with much respect and accommodate his wishes.
Bartomeu can't afford to lose Messi (he will still leave), even less for free.

Everyone wants his head, he needs to salvage what can be salvaged. I would have done the same thing if i was in the same situation. Get the best out of the worst situation.

Barça will need to rebuild. Money + the finances freed by Messi can allow them to be very aggressive on the market and prepare their new cycle.

People are mental if they think barca can realistically expect close to 100m or over.

Contract clause validity aside, last year of his contract, clearly already prepared to terminate his contract and has asked to leave, club legend, high wages. What can they do? at most they can frustrate the player, buying club, their fans and the rest if the team for a few weeks. They arent getting the release clause, they arent getting 700m.

This isnt sane or garcia who still have years ahead if them (and havnt asked to leave) so can be held to contract. It is messi, one of their greatest. Would they really risk disturbing their already taught preseason, and adding to the shitshow already in, failing to make plans going forward?

itl get done for free, or token fee. wherever he goes.

I think Jesus is not enough. Jesus, Bernardo, Foden, even Sterling, in a package all together, ..., but even this is not enough. Do people know really how much is Messi's salary in Barca? They ll be able to get 4-5 top players as they offload Messi. I think UEFA would chase us with FFP the first day after signing him. I don't see any other club apart from PSG doing this, with a massive help of a large team of corporate solicitors.
All of that, ie every sentence, is bollocks.

Barcelona have CONFIRMED Messi's contract does have a 'leave for free' clause, but Barcelona state the clause expired at the end of May.

Messi believes the end of May date is automatically extended due to the contract 'adjustments' made due to Covid.

It's really that simple.
The massive hole in that argument are the vast quantity of players in world football who played in July and August despite their “contracts” expiring in May!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.