Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pep goes all the way to Barcelona to tell Messi to stay ? I guess Pep hasn't heard of a phone ?

If we found out he was actually trying to persuade Messi not to join us I wouldn't be against sacking him. I'm dead serious. Don't believe Pep would ever do something so unprofessional though.

If he doesn't have the best interests of City at heart, his position is untenable. I totally doubt it happened, none of it makes any sense.

If we found out he was actually trying to persuade Messi not to join us I wouldn't be against sacking him. I'm dead serious. Don't believe Pep would ever do something so unprofessional though.
I'd be in agreement with you if that was the case. It says something though that I cannot just dismiss it without wondering if it could be possible.

Just read a brief article stating Pep was potentially trying to convince Messi to stay at Barca. I'd never actually thought about it that way but thinking on how Pep has always responded to questions regarding Messi to City, It does make you wonder. Never underestimate how much Pep loves Barca. I could actually see him wanting better for Barca more than City. Of course it could and most likely is all just be bs.
It is from MD, the report may as well come from Batomeu's mouth directly.

Involved refereeing or VAR mistakes, that's kind of you to describe corruption that way.
You generally win or lose on the basis of overall performance not mistakes or VAR decisions. We eliminated Madrid on the basis of two good performances primarily. Put simply we were the better side in both games.
Against Lyon we were poor most of the game and can have no complaints about the result. Indeed it was nowhere near good enough to give Munich a game. Next season with or without Messi a I expect us to go much closer if and only if we arrange a steady reliable defensive unit.

Just read a brief article stating Pep was potentially trying to convince Messi to stay at Barca. I'd never actually thought about it that way but thinking on how Pep has always responded to questions regarding Messi to City, It does make you wonder. Never underestimate how much Pep loves Barca. I could actually see him wanting better for Barca more than City. Of course it could and most likely is all just be bs.
Pep has always maintained that Messi would retire at Barca but things change and I doubt Pep would persuade him to stay if he knew that he was serious in wanting to leave, I sure he knows Messi's character also which is reported as being stubborn. The situation hasn't happened overnight and Pep will be fully committed to City and his friends in high places and he wont let them down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.