The Michael Oliver Penalty Thread

So we only got 4 in 2018/19 but 11 in 2019/20

A conspiracy theorist might say that in 2018/19 we were in the running to win the league all season whereas we trailled badly in 2019/20 so we were denied pens when we were a threat to winning the league but allowed them when we weren't.

But that would mean the league is bent, so that can't be true.

how ridiculous do you sound? The league is now bent because we got penalties? Grow up

Both were penalties unfortunately in today's game. First one was harsh and i wouldn't give it, but this is what football has become. The second one is just plain daft from Leeds new signing
Exactly what I said when I saw them, "modern day penalties" is my descriptor for them both, but it's the inconsistency surrounding these sort of decisions, especially the first one, which frustrates the most.

The second one used to be called "diving" but since Shearer/Wright/etc became "analysts" the stigma of cheating has disappeared and it's all become about "he felt a touch and had every right to go down to give the ref. a decision to make", I still call it cheating but I'm probably in a minority.

Both were penalties unfortunately in today's game. First one was harsh and i wouldn't give it, but this is what football has become. The second one is just plain daft from Leeds new signing
Exactly, we have to accept these are just given as pens now. Difference is obviously when we play Pool at Anfield the ref is blind and VAR machines are off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.