The most expensive piece of clothing you've bought

I think some expensive stuff is still decent value overall and occasionally I will buy something decent that will last a long time. My favourite brand I think is Hugo Boss, because over the years I've bought their stuff and its lasted ages. The polo shirts for example, cost £50 yet I've had a few of those for a few years now, and washed and ironed, they still look like new. And they don't go out of fashion as they are classic items. Same goes for their jeans, and a lovely suit I've had for about 5 years now which needs a dry clean, but it will be like getting a new suit. I like Armani jeans for the same reason too. I've got a Boss wool overcoat which I've had for getting on for about 15 years if not more, and it still looks the business. I do think that some brands just take the piss though, like Prada and Alexander McQueen and DSquared. How those prices can be justified I don't know, because those fabrics last 5 minutes if you're lucky.

My missus tends to agree with my Boss=quality=will last a long time and doesn't mind if I spend that on them, as she will pay, say £40 for a pair of jeans, but will need new ones the following year. Ladies fashion is really only seasonal so she accepts that it's better for her to spend less, but buy more often than me. The other day at the TC I bought a couple of pairs of jeans, one Boss one Armani and I won't need to buy anymore jeans for a good few years now.

BlueRob01 said:
I have a big collection of original old skool footy trainers..Not that dear each pair really relative to some clobber, but cool as fuck. Trainers HAVE to be addidas - anything else and you're a geek imho....
I wore some original Munchen on Saturday.....(saying nothing). And have my black Trimm Trabs all ready for the final.
Sad really I know..
Guess we all have our thing.

Agreed, gott have adidas on your feet especially at the match

This thread -

facepalm11.jpg

Stuart said:
1991. While in The Corn Exchange in Leeds I stumbled upon a little known shoe shop. Expensive but top quality boots. I spent over £300 on four different styles of boots (and that was with discount) A hell of a lot of money in them days.

When I got back to Manchester a fair few people commented on my boots and where did I get them from. No one had heard of the brand before. So I guess I'm just a fuckin' trend setter ?
;-)

Even though the style of boots/shoes have changed beyond recognition, the brand is still going strong. And it started from a little shop in Leeds.

Nicholas Deakins.

Ditto.From a shop in Newcastle around 93 I think and if I remember correctly,I paid £70 a pair.

The sizing of the old Deakins and the newer versions varies somewhat as does the quality.

For me,it was £400 for a winter Armani coat a few years ago.Still in great nick,but getting a wee bit tight now I've hit my 40's.

Trainers is my thing, but I get a a better buzz when you get a top notch bargain rather than splashing out hundreds on clothing.

I bought some trainers the other day for £90 that's the most I've ever spent and will ever spend. I won't go above £100 on one item of clothing, to me that's ludicrous.

That tenner makes a huge difference ;)

Got a £450 jacket but i didn't pay that much for it. got it for £30 so that doesn't really count. Also have a designer suit worth over £400 but that was also free.
Have a few pairs of diesel jeans worth around £200. Most ridiculous purchase was a beanie hat for £70. Luckily i saw sense and took it back. Thankfully i've grown out of my expensive taste phase and will just as happily buy a load of dirt cheap stuff from the likes of primark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.