The most important signing left is to keep Tevez

nickson71 said:
Tevez has stated he doesn't want to be here and the Club have made signings to ensure that if he does go we hopefully won't miss his goals too much.

If he does go before the end of the window then we got him at least until the Jan window went the Corinthians may come back in for him

All I hope that as long as he is here he plays to his best and keeps quite as he may be on the bench a lot more than last season- we'll move him as soon as his "adviser" Kia can line up a deal that we are happy with

the guy is half way out the door and as a result I'm not bothered if he stays for a few months or we can get a deal done over the next few days. I'm more bothered about the players that want to be here and how the new guys settle in and if that means playing time for them at Carlos's expense then so be it

Fair.

Cobwebcat said:
Reason said:
Top player for Fulham and alike.

Does anyone wonder why no big club is interested in him, now that he's clearly for sale? Even Inter gave up, although they are quite desperate for a good striker and now have the money.

£50 miilion and £200,000 a week...and they are in huge debt like most Italian clubs.

Why did Bacon try to keep him or does he know nothing too?

Just realised I said I would give up! ;-)

I didn't see Fergie go out of his way to keep him, it was his going to City that pissed him off.

Fergie kept him mostly on the bench, as an impact player whom he would need in desperate situations where a trick or two can change the score and when everything else fails.

He wasn't stupid enough to even let him play 90 minutes on a regular basis, let alone build his team's tactics and the rest of the team around him, like you suggest.

Yes, please do give up. This isn't even funny any more.

Btw, the fact that nobody wants him at even 40 million is a proof enough that he's not worth that much. Bobby would probably like to get rid of him at even 25, but nobody would bite.

Player evaluations aren't about pulling a figure out of your ass based on one's FIFA11 score and although nobody wants to buy the player, you still insist that's his value. Players are only worth as much as the rest of the market is ready to pay for them. At the moment, apparently Tevez isn't worth too much.

Reason said:
Cobwebcat said:
Reason said:
Top player for Fulham and alike.

Does anyone wonder why no big club is interested in him, now that he's clearly for sale? Even Inter gave up, although they are quite desperate for a good striker and now have the money.

£50 miilion and £200,000 a week...and they are in huge debt like most Italian clubs.

Why did Bacon try to keep him or does he know nothing too?

Just realised I said I would give up! ;-)

I didn't see Fergie go out of his way to keep him, it was his going to City that pissed him off.

Fergie kept him mostly on the bench, as an impact player whom he would need in desperate situations where a trick or two can change the score and when everything else fails.

He wasn't stupid enough to even let him play 90 minutes on a regular basis, let alone build his team's tactics and the rest of the team around him, like you suggest.

Yes, please do give up. This isn't even funny any more.

Btw, the fact that nobody wants him at even 40 million is a proof enough that he's not worth that much. Bobby would probably like to get rid of him at even 25, but nobody would bite.

Player values isn't about pulling a figure out of your ass based on one's FIFA11 score and although nobody wants to buy him, still insist that's his value. Players are only worth as much as the rest of the market is ready to pay for them. At the moment, apparently Tevez isn't worth too much.

"Bobby would probably like to get rid of him?" How the fuck do you know that? If he wanted rid he would be training with Ade and Bellers don't you think?

Nothing to do with FIFA 11 and everything to do with FFP.

Wages affect value you dope.

I may be a dope, but even every moron (apart from you) knows that the salary isn't a huge problem, as e.g. Sneijder has a comparable salary, and Eto'o wasn't playing for free either.

Bobby isn't stupid enough to send a player for whom he hopes to fetch more than 25 million to the reserves, especially given that it is already getting crowded with strikers over there.

Talksh*te: Inter trying to sign Tevez on a 2-season loan. Who the f*ck do they think they are? He'd be worth close to peanuts by the time the loan was over. Would they pay us 20-25m for the loan?

They know he's not easily shiftable and aren't stupid enough to spend too much on him. Smart people, with a lot of business sense in other words.

The biggest myth peddled this summer is that Mancini want rid of Tevez. Absolute hogwash. He's clearly shown that if he doesn't want a player he'll say it. He's said repeatedly this summer that he'd like Carlos to stay. That he's a top player. That he has no problems with him or his attitude. Yet still people post "Mancini wants rid of him" as if it's an indisputable fact.

And whilst we're talking indisputable facts - Carlos has been our top scorer for the last two seasons running. To suggest that he's suddenly not good enough to get in our team, OR even more stupidly, to suggest he can only play in one position, is just deluded rambling.

BillyShears said:
The biggest myth peddled this summer is that Mancini want rid of Tevez. Absolute hogwash. He's clearly shown that if he doesn't want a player he'll say it. He's said repeatedly this summer that he'd like Carlos to stay. That he's a top player. That he has no problems with him or his attitude. Yet still people post "Mancini wants rid of him" as if it's an indisputable fact.

And whilst we're talking indisputable facts - Carlos has been our top scorer for the last two seasons running. To suggest that he's suddenly not good enough to get in our team, OR even more stupidly, to suggest he can only play in one position, is just deluded rambling.
While I perhaps wouldn't word it so strongly, I agree with this. If Mancini didn't want him, you would be looking at an Ade/Bellamy situation, and Tevez is certainly talented enough to play more than one position.

I still feel that we have to use a different tactical setup to get the best out of him than what we should deploy to get the best out of our other strikers.

BillyShears said:

Seems like the shoe is on the other foot with the first point. Not so long ago a lot of people were talking about how much Tevez disliked Mancini and they weren't capable of working together. At that time it was as if Tevez had all the power; he was by far and away our most important player and many people still had question marks about Bobby. Now it has changed in a big way and whatever anyone says that is better for Manchester City. This power and influence that Mancini now has on the squad can only be a good thing.

Your second point is very much valid. Some of the mad ramblings on Tevez's ability are ludicrous. However, he is desperate to leave and for the good of the club I hope he leaves soon. Unless of course he has a dramatic change of heart and finds a new restaurant in Manchester, then I would love him to stay.

BillyShears said:

Nobody is arguing his staying and the whole team working for Tevez (again) wouldn't work out for HIM, but for the TEAM.

Btw, Bobby also said he wanted Ireland to stay... :)

This is naive beyond words, have a good life in the Neverland.

-- Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:19 pm --

taconinja said:
BillyShears said:

While I perhaps wouldn't word it so strongly, I agree with this. If Mancini didn't want him, you would be looking at an Ade/Bellamy situation, and Tevez is certainly talented enough to play more than one position.

I still feel that we have to use a different tactical setup to get the best out of him than what we should deploy to get the best out of our other strikers.

Bobby cannot afford a 25-30 million Bellamy, the list of the losses brought together that way is accumulating beyond belief already. Hence, he has to play the game, not that it would be the first time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.