The most important signing left is to keep Tevez

Cobwebcat said:
With this squad there could be no stopping us but it won't be quite as good if he leaves.

I'd be glad to see the back of the likes of RSC and not buy anyone else.

INTERESTING READ!

Football super-agent Kia Joorabchian has vowed to take legal action against The Guardian newspaper over an article detailing the intricacies and mysteries surrounding Carlos Tevez’s career.
Journalist David Conn apparently gained access to legal documents that tracked the Argentinean forward’s ownership rights back to Eastern European oligarchs but Tevez’s representative called talkSPORT to set the record straight.
“The Guardian will now be processed this week because most of the article was not properly investigated,” Joorabchian exclusively told Keys and Gray.
“He got most of the facts and figures and companies totally wrong so there will now be a legal process for The Guardian. I don’t think they have understood the situation.”
Joorabchian went on to claim how even Premier League champions Manchester United are benefitting from third-party ownership in South America, and that the idea of players being forced into moves is a lie.
“The situation at the moment in South America is that 60% of the players in the league have outside investment from other groups,” he said.
This idea of people or companies owning footballers is totally ludicrous
Kia Joorabchian
“There is a company called Traffic that has a joint venture with Manchester United, via a club, and there are other massive firms that have invested two or three hundred million pounds in football.
“What these guys are doing is investing in Portugal or Spain right now, and other places, but they are not buying a person, nobody buys a person. What they are buying is the right to a profit.
“You do not own any right over a person. All you own is that if a player’s value goes up and the club makes a profit, the investor will make a profit too.
“This idea of people or companies owning footballers is totally ludicrous.”

Reason said:
Nobody is arguing his staying and the whole team working for Tevez (again) wouldn't work out for HIM, but for the TEAM.

Btw, Bobby also said he wanted Ireland to stay... :)

This is naive beyond words, have a good life in the Neverland.

What was your previous username?

Reason said:
taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
The biggest myth peddled this summer is that Mancini want rid of Tevez. Absolute hogwash. He's clearly shown that if he doesn't want a player he'll say it. He's said repeatedly this summer that he'd like Carlos to stay. That he's a top player. That he has no problems with him or his attitude. Yet still people post "Mancini wants rid of him" as if it's an indisputable fact.

And whilst we're talking indisputable facts - Carlos has been our top scorer for the last two seasons running. To suggest that he's suddenly not good enough to get in our team, OR even more stupidly, to suggest he can only play in one position, is just deluded rambling.
While I perhaps wouldn't word it so strongly, I agree with this. If Mancini didn't want him, you would be looking at an Ade/Bellamy situation, and Tevez is certainly talented enough to play more than one position.

I still feel that we have to use a different tactical setup to get the best out of him than what we should deploy to get the best out of our other strikers.

Bobby cannot afford a 25-30 million Bellamy, the list of the losses brought together that way is accumulating beyond belief already. Hence, he has to play the game, not that it would be the first time.
Fortunately, Tevez's wages don't count for FFPR unless I've misunderstood. How many more years does he have of his transfer fee including amortization? I don't think the loss is as bad as you suggest financially. Mancini's concern has always appeared to be the squad on the field. He's the one pushing for more signings.

Bellamyend said:
BJ needs to learn some manners for this forum. He needs to lose the aggression. Nasty piece of work :(

Right. I am not the one that called someone a Bellend. And you called me an idiot.

But...I need to learn manners?

Cobwebcat said:
Some posters need a reminder

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/09/carlos-tevez-city-the-question

End-of-season calculations showed City were almost twice as likely to emerge triumphant with Tevez in the team (they won 55% of their matches when he played and just 33% in his absence).

Not only is Tevez top scorer he was second to David Silva in assits last season.

Not a team player? You have got to be kidding. You might dislike him but the facts are there for all to see.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4Ok9kkjII[/youtube]
The problem with your facts, is the fact (see what i did there) that they're from November 2010.

Now, like a sad little twat, i have just scoured through all our league fixtures last season (bored at work).

Here's what i discovered...

With Tevez

Total games = 29
Team goals = 47
Team avg goals = 1.62 pg
Tevez goals = 20
Win % = 55%

Record: W:16, D:8, L:5

Without Tevez

Total games = 8
Team goals = 13
Team avg goals = 1.63
Win % = 62.5%

Record: W:5, L:3

Won with Tevez

liverpool h
wigan a
chelsea h
newcastle h
blackpool a
fulham a
bolton h
newcastle a
blackpool h
wolves h
wba h
wigan h
sunderland h
stoke h
bolton a
wba a

Lost with Tevez

sunderland a
arsenal h
everton h
villa a
man utd a

Drawn with Tevez

spurs a
blackburn h
man utd h
birmingham h
stoke a
arsenal a
birmingham a
fulham h

Won Without Tevez

west ham a
villa h
blackburn a
west ham h
spurs h

Lost Without Tevez

wolves a
chelsea a
everton a

Drawn Without Tevez

N/A

The only game not included is the Liverpool away loss (3-0) as Tevez was taken off injured. We were being dominated anyway so it's hard to measure how effective he or we would have been had he stayed on the pitch.

So basically, we were slightly better without him last season. Without him we lost 3 times, all away to Wolves, Chelsea and Everton. You could argue that Chelsea away and Everton away would both be struggles anyway. Even against Everton, there wasn't much wrong with the performance. We missed some remarkable chances, only to lose fairly late on. Only the Wolves game was a surprising result, but then when you consider their home record against the top 6, it probably shouldn't be.

Interestingly, out of the 16 wins in which Tevez played, only 2 came against top 6 sides.

Interesting stuff.

ono said:
Cobwebcat said:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/09/carlos-tevez-city-the-question

End-of-season calculations showed City were almost twice as likely to emerge triumphant with Tevez in the team (they won 55% of their matches when he played and just 33% in his absence).

Not only is Tevez top scorer he was second to David Silva in assits last season.

Not a team player? You have got to be kidding. You might dislike him but the facts are there for all to see.

The problem with your facts, is the fact (see what i did there) that they're from November 2010.

Now, like a sad little twat, i have just scoured through all our league fixtures last season (bored at work).

With Tevez

Total games = 29
Team goals = 47
Team avg goals = 1.62 pg
Tevez goals = 20
Win % = 55%

Without Tevez

Total games = 8
Team goals = 13
Team avg goals = 1.63
Win % = 62.5%

Won with Tevez

liverpool h
wigan a
chelsea h
newcastle h
blackpool a
fulham a
bolton h
newcastle a
blackpool h
wolves h
wba h
wigan h
sunderland h
stoke h
bolton a
wba a

Lost with Tevez

sunderland a
arsenal h
everton h
villa a
man utd a

Drawn with Tevez

spurs a
blackburn h
man utd h
birmingham h
stoke a
arsenal a
birmingham a
fulham h

Won Without Tevez

west ham a
villa h
blackburn a
west ham h
spurs h

Lost Without Tevez

wolves a
chelsea a
everton a

Drawn Without Tevez

N/A

The only game not included is the Liverpool away loss (3-0) as Tevez was taken off injured. We were being dominated anyway so it's hard to measure how effective he or we would have been had he stayed on the pitch.

So basically, we were slightly better without him last season. Without him we lost 3 times, all away to Wolves, Chelsea and Everton. You could argue that Chelsea away and Everton away would both be struggles anyway. Even against Everton, there wasn't much wrong with the performance. We missed some remarkable chances, only to lose fairly late on. Only the Wolves game was a surprising result, but then when you consider their home record against the top 6, it probably shouldn't be.

Interestingly, out of the 16 wins in which Tevez played, only 2 came against top 6 sides.

Interesting stuff.

Go get them Yoko. Good Stuff.

Cobwebcat said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Cobwebcat said:
With this squad there could be no stopping us but it won't be quite as good if he leaves.

I'd be glad to see the back of the likes of RSC and not buy anyone else.
Disagree, mate. His presence at the club will be poisonous, I reckon. I also think we will perform better with him out of the team (much more fluid). Hope he goes but I don't think he will and I think he may well cost the club a successful season if he does stay.

Despite a terrible attitude off the pitch Tevez is a genius on it and Mancini knows it. We are much better with him in the team in my oinion as he never gives a defence a rest. A nightmare to play against and a scorer of match winners when we most need them. Last season no Tevez = no Champions League this season.

Only NDJ and Silva are as vital I think. Anyone putting Balo above Tevez is deluded.

-- Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:15 pm --

Reason said:
Cobwebcat said:
OK in my opinion. But the fact that a striker's main job is to score goals and Tevez scored more than any of them in the last two seasons and finished Premier League top scorer last season points to the fact I might be right and that he won't spend too much time on the bench if he stays.

Sounds like you are a Tevez, rather than a City supporter. It's about the team performance and Tevez is anything but a team player.

If he stays, when he plays everything is going to have to go through him and City's success rate will depend on what he happens to do with it, like last season. Not to mention that he's going to continue acting up ruining the atmosphere in the team.

Maybe you should look into a non-team sport, chess perhaps?

It's a myth that Tevez isn't a team player and given his reception when he came on V Bolton I'm not alone. Although I appear to be on this thread with all the haters!!

Absolutely agree 100%!

ono said:
Cobwebcat said:

With Tevez

Total games = 29
Team goals = 47
Team avg goals = 1.62 pg
Tevez goals = 20
Win % = 55%

Without Tevez

Total games = 8
Team goals = 13
Team avg goals = 1.63
Win % = 62.5%

Won with Tevez

liverpool h
wigan a
chelsea h
newcastle h
blackpool a
fulham a
bolton h
newcastle a
blackpool h
wolves h
wba h
wigan h
sunderland h
stoke h
bolton a
wba a

Lost with Tevez

sunderland a
arsenal h
everton h
villa a
man utd a

Drawn with Tevez

spurs a
blackburn h
man utd h
birmingham h
stoke a
arsenal a
birmingham a
fulham h

Won Without Tevez

west ham a
villa h
blackburn a
west ham h
spurs h

Lost Without Tevez

wolves a
chelsea a
everton a

Drawn Without Tevez

N/A

Interesting stuff.

God you must be bored!!!

Problem with statistics is they can be manipulated. You say we were slightly better without him last season but without him we lost 37.5% of games, with him only lost 17.24%.

Total points with Tevez was 64.37%, without him 62.5%. Both these stat show we were slightly better with him.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.