The most unfunny comedian ever

I have absolutely no idea how almost all comedians get a gig, at the Circus Tavern, never mind at arenas!

Very very VERY few "comedians" are funny. I know i'm a cynical guy and hard to please but i do have a good sense of humour really. Lee Mack's off-the-cuff wit is excellent and his early stand-ups were superb, and Micky Flannagans early tours were great n'all. The "neighbours rules and peeping" sketch when it first came out was absolutely fucking spot on! and if you['ve ever seen Bob Mortimer on Would I Lie To You?, he's the all-time legend of that show!

But almost every single comedian out there; it just baffles me how they became comedians.

These people have barely ever raised a smirk with me:
Russell Brand
Russell Kane
Russell Howard
Nish Kumar
Ed Gamble
Ellie Taylor
Michael McIntyre
Andi Osho
Angela Barnes
Jack Whitehall
Sarah Millican
Jo Brand
Jo Caulfield
Josh Widdicombe
Jon Richardson
Miranda Hart
John Bishop
Chris Addison
Isy Suttie
Roisin Conaty
Dara O'Briein
Dian Morgan
Alan Davies
Phil Jupitus
Ross Noble
Linda Smith
Jo Wilkinson
Shappi Korshandi
Josie Long
Zoe Lyons
and on and on and on and on...

It can't just be me. I think i have a good sense of humour and some of the lads i'll go for a drink with every now and again are genuinely proper funny lads and we have each other in stitches... But a load of the people out there who call themselves comedians aren't genuinely funny people who got into a career though being funny, they just seem to me like a load of Performing Arts students who probably made their fellow Performing Arts student classmates laugh a bit at uni and who got themselves an agent who got them on the card for some comedy nights.

Even looking back through the years i've never found all the old comedians that funny neither. Watched a Steve Coogan stand up on VHS once and he did Paul Calf, Pauline Calf, Tony Forino, Duncan Thickett and Alan Partridge and it wasn't funny. Some of the old 70s guys from the show The Comedians were embarrassingly not funny.

Maybe it is me and i'm just a miserable fucker!
Spot on with that list especially Russell Kane. I must strongly disagree with Linda Smith though. She was one of the wittiest people I've ever heard on the radio.

We have already ended this thread with Kathy Griffin.

I am confused as to why it's not locked.

The discussion is over. Mods, do your job.

We could have a thread called Most Annoying, Irritating, Cloying Waste of A Human Sperm/Egg Combination* Ever Born and the thread would end the same way.

* Footnote: this assumes Kathy Griffin is actually human. It is possible she is the hybrid offspring of a giraffe and a donkey, or somehow emerged when an oozing puddle behind a dumpster at Kentucky Fried Chicken was struck by lightning.

She's American though. She's starting with a humour disadvantage right away.

I often think it must be me who lacks a sense of humour when I see the likes of Miranda, Mrs Browns boys, Russell Kane, Nish Kumar, Jack Whitehall and James Corden are regularly on prime time tv slots.

I often think it must be me who lacks a sense of humour when I see the likes of Miranda, Mrs Browns boys, Russell Kane, Nish Kumar, Jack Whitehall and James Corden are regularly on prime time tv slots.

If it's any consolation, I agree they are not funny.

Lenny Henry is on my list of worst comedians. I have never been able to understand how he has been so successful as i cannot see any talent at all. Honourable mention for Sarah Millican too.

We have already ended this thread with Kathy Griffin.

I am confused as to why it's not locked.

The discussion is over. Mods, do your job.

We could have a thread called Most Annoying, Irritating, Cloying Waste of A Human Sperm/Egg Combination* Ever Born and the thread would end the same way.

* Footnote: this assumes Kathy Griffin is actually human. It is possible she is the hybrid offspring of a giraffe and a donkey, or somehow emerged when an oozing puddle behind a dumpster at Kentucky Fried Chicken was struck by lightning.

Who is Kathy Griffin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.