The Mythical High Press - On Display

Exeter Blue I am here said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Do you recall when we were sold this guff about how Pellegrini would get our team to play?

Sounded great didn't it, however we are yet to see it! For those of us (That's all of us) who are yet to see it, ensure you watch MOTD this evening to see Chelsea demonstrate it.

Mr Pellegrini Sir, you also need to watch and learn.

In short, I have no qualms about trailing Chelsea this year as they are absolute miles ahead of us as a functioning unit.

Even though I've got my own concerns, the degree of revisionism on here is getting ridiculous. There seem to be several threads on the go now, all raised by people who were nowhere to be seen when we were winning a double last year, and all now piping up that the manager is a clueless twerp and that we won the league inspite of him.

There are other factors at play. The problem of a disinterested Mr Birthday Cake, who is also another year older and a few pounds heavier (and unfortunately our best player last season), a defensive midfield signing who keeps getting caught with the ball, a nervous £32m centre half, a quality centre forward sold at the start of the season and not replaced, and injuries to our two most creative players. How much influence Pellegrini would have had as regard those signings and sales is not clear, but you can bet that complete autonomy is not his. There are others at fault as well.

That notwithstanding, the facts are he has a complement of central midfielders lacking in pace and mobility, and all flawed in some capacity or other, and seemingly ill suited to whatever formation he puts them in, and not one of the Fifa14 managers on here calling him clueless have really come up with more credible formations than those deployed. Yes, there have been mistakes (the selection of Silva against Newcastle and the formation at West Ham, were both truly stupid IMO), but some of the hyperbole on here is becoming laughable

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.