The national

Thenumber1blue said:
mammutly said:
As a way of helping poor old andy out, lets have a competition - I'll do the scores.

Pick 4 horses.

15 points for 1st
10 points for 2nd
7 points for 3rd
5 points for 4th
3 points for 5th
1 point for 6th

May the best poster win and hopefully help the deserving wastrel make a few quid in the process. Good luck
How is this going to help Andy out , why don't you just give him a tenner ?
I like this idea;)

I really hate the way they make the horses jump ridiculously high fences, Not for me thanks.

bobmcfc said:
I really hate the way they make the horses jump ridiculously high fences, Not for me thanks.

It was a bit of a disaster last year it has to be said. It really saddened me and I love racing. I also love horses and spent many of my early years around them.
However, the course has been much modified in recent decades and the life of a racehorse is one of comparative luxury compared to many horses outside it.

Roberto Goldback - I've said it before and I'll say it again, lump on! It's a license to print money.

mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:

It was a bit of a disaster last year it has to be said. It really saddened me and I love racing.
However, the course has been much modified in recent decades and the life of a racehorse is one of comparative luxury compared to many horses outside it.

Running is so natural to them and I'm not against it at all. Some of those fences are just beyond belief. I cried at seabiscuit and secretariat is one of my favourite films, they are built to run. I don't believe in fences

loui_mcfc said:
Roberto Goldback - I've said it before and I'll say it again, lump on! It's a license to print money.

I've had a look at that this evening and it looks a really good shout. Henderson has had 4 wins today and Gereghty is also on board.

bobmcfc said:
mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:

It was a bit of a disaster last year it has to be said. It really saddened me and I love racing.

Running is so natural to them and I'm not against it at all. Some of those fences are just beyond belief. I cried at seabiscuit and secretariat is one of my favourite films, they are built to run. I don't believe in fences

Ah seabiscuit.... I cried too ;-)

Red Rum was my favourite National horse ever. When you look back at the old footage of him you can see he loved the jumps. His ears used to prick up and then he'd belt out on the flat almost relishing the thought of the next jump.

I've seen more cruelty in regular riding stables if I'm honest. Some horses, when I went riding, were ridden from morning till night until the day when they were sent to the knackers yard.

mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:
mackenzie said:

Ah seabiscuit.... I cried too ;-)

Red Rum was my favourite National horse ever. When you look back at the old footage of him you can see he loved the jumps. His ears used to prick up and then he'd belt out on the flat almost relishing the thought of the next jump.

I've seen more cruelty in regular riding stables if I'm honest. Some horses, when I went riding, were ridden from morning till night until the day when they were sent to the knackers yard.

My sister owns three horses and they are her world. She's up on the moors twice a day looking after them. If you have never seen secretariat you should watch it, it's even better that the seabiscuit film imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.