The national

bobmcfc said:
mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:
Running is so natural to them and I'm not against it at all. Some of those fences are just beyond belief. I cried at seabiscuit and secretariat is one of my favourite films, they are built to run. I don't believe in fences

Ah seabiscuit.... I cried too ;-)

Red Rum was my favourite National horse ever. When you look back at the old footage of him you can see he loved the jumps. His ears used to prick up and then he'd belt out on the flat almost relishing the thought of the next jump.

I've seen more cruelty in regular riding stables if I'm honest. Some horses, when I went riding, were ridden from morning till night until the day when they were sent to the knackers yard.

My sister owns three horses and they are her world. She's up on the moors twice a day looking after them. If you have never seen secretariat you should watch it, it's even better that the seabiscuit film imo

I know that private owners love their horses, I was just comparing the lives of some horses to those in the racing world.

Will secretariat make me cry? :-(

mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:
mackenzie said:

Red Rum was my favourite National horse ever. When you look back at the old footage of him you can see he loved the jumps. His ears used to prick up and then he'd belt out on the flat almost relishing the thought of the next jump.

I've seen more cruelty in regular riding stables if I'm honest. Some horses, when I went riding, were ridden from morning till night until the day when they were sent to the knackers yard.

My sister owns three horses and they are her world. She's up on the moors twice a day looking after them. If you have never seen secretariat you should watch it, it's even better that the seabiscuit film imo

I know that private owners love their horses, I was just comparing the lives of some horses to those in the racing world.

No only girls:)

andyhinch said:
mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:

No only girls:)

You watched it aswell Andy?

mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:
mackenzie said:

It will. Amazing film and an amazing horse. You have to watch it

bobmcfc said:
mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:

I'll try ;-)
Ever seen the film about Phar Lap (another racehorse)?

mackenzie said:
bobmcfc said:
mackenzie said:

I'll try ;-)
Ever seen the film about Phar Lap (another racehorse)?

I haven't, I'll look out for it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.