The new Manics album

TheMightyQuinn

All lyrics by Richey

Best thing they've done since Everything Must Go, probably their 3rd best behind that album and The Holy Bible.

Stunning artwork in the deluxe edition, 13 great songs.

Back on form.

Won't be available in supermarkets though as the cover has been deemed 'unsuitable' due to it picturing an androgynous girls face, the brush strokes make it look like the girls been beaten hence the ban. Pathetic really.

Use to be a massive fan. Kinda give up with them after This Is My Truth.... and Know Your Enemy was the last album I bought. Must have listened to it a handful of times. Holy Bible stands out by an absolute mile.

i agree, it's an absolutely fantastic album and like you say their best since everything must go. album of the year so far - nothing comes close for me. yes i've indeed been blown away by it!

I was shocked by how good it is.

I've been a fan since being stupidly young and whilst I rate all their albums I can totally understand peoples misgivings towards a number of them.

I was against the idea of this album as I didnt think they could pull it off and it'd be tacky and tarnish their reputation for not exploiting the 'Richey situation' but I was very wrong. The great lyrics have forced them to be hungry again and do their mate justice.

Really want to hear this. I nearly died due to that gash, your love alone song. This however sounds very interesting as their using Richeys lyrics.

svennis pennis said:
Really want to hear this. I nearly died due to that gash, your love alone song. This however sounds very interesting as their using Richeys lyrics.

It's infinitely better than the last album mate. Should be all over the net by now, I've had it a few weeks. It's out on Monday anyway, there's a deluxe edition with a 2nd cd of demos from the album.

Apparently the artwork for the deluxe version will be similar to the actual box of lyrics Richey left the band.

TheMightyQuinn said:

I've been a fan since being stupidly young and whilst I rate all their albums I can totally understand peoples misgivings towards a number of them.

I was against the idea of this album as I didnt think they could pull it off and it'd be tacky and tarnish their reputation for not exploiting the 'Richey situation' but I was very wrong. The great lyrics have forced them to be hungry again and do their mate justice.

i'm with you there mate. you could see signs of the hunger returning with send away the tigers, but this album takes it up a few levels. good to see that they haven't gone for a holy bible part 2 type album also.
i'm glad they've thought it's the right time to use the lyrics Richey left behind now, and i think they're 100% correct in using them. after all he did present them to the band with the intention of them being used as manics songs.

mikeyboy said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

i'm with you there mate. you could see signs of the hunger returning with send away the tigers, but this album takes it up a few levels. good to see that they haven't gone for a holy bible part 2 type album also.
i'm glad they've thought it's the right time to use the lyrics Richey left behind now, and i think they're 100% correct in using them. after all he did present them to the band with the intention of them being used as manics songs.

Yeah a Holy Bible part 2 would have been quite sad from them now they're older and more settled, the hidden track is almost Holy Bible esque but aside from that I think the album is like the best of the 3 piece Manics musically and the best of the 4 piece Manics lyrically.

As Nicky Wire said, regarding using the lyrics, they had to wait til now to do it personally and also as a band they wanted to release this album on a high point and not a low one as opposed to avoid any 'cashing in' accusations. Had they followed Lifeblood with this album it would have been seen as a cheap move but following up a very succesful and well received album with this is a great move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.