The new recruits....

The Good

Garcia was a good buy. Offers more than De Jong.

Nastasic - The signing I'm most happy with. A great player and will be here a long time. Has the potential to be world-class

Wright - The signing of the summer. He is very young so he will need time, but is giving Big Joe a run for his money. A top,top purshase. I don't understand why Barcelona didn't make a move for him.

The Bad

Rodwell - Overhyped and Overrated. Isn't good at anything. He has no outstanding quality that makes him good. An average player who couldn't make it into Evertons first team

Sinclair - No better than Weiss or AJ

Maicon - Micah and Zaba are better.

grim up north said:
bluebannana said:
grim up north said:
Do you go to games? He is not on the same wavelength as Silva Nasri Yaya and Barry. He cannot play the one touch stuff we play in the middle his footballing brain isn't quick enough. When all our midfielders are fit he won't get near the 1 st 11. Not questioning his work rate his commitment but he needs 2 touches to everybody else's 1

YES, do you watch the game. he clearly is on the same wave length as he has shown everytime he has played- sunderland, united last year. 2 touches ? what player are you watching- yes he might have the odd bad touch but so does silva and nasri.

Do you watch live on o a stream. In fact I ll just bow to your greater footballing knowledge

whats your problem, no I go to games. was just commenting no need for the smart arse reply. We'll just have to disagree.

itisrising said:
The Good

Nastasic - The signing I'm most happy with. A great player and will be here a long time. Has the potential to be world-class

Wright - The signing of the summer. He is very young so he will need time, but is giving Big Joe a run for his money. A top,top purshase. I don't understand why Barcelona didn't make a move for him.

The Bad

Rodwell - Overhyped and Overrated. Isn't good at anything. He has no outstanding quality that makes him good. An average player who couldn't make it into Evertons first team

You've lost me - i thought Wright was a lot older than Hart and was just bought as back up????

CC1 said:
itisrising said:
The Good

The Bad

You've lost me - i thought Wright was a lot older than Hart and was just bought as back up????

Whooooooooooooooosh.

;-)

Clubber said:
CTID101 said:
Bazzmand Show said:
De Jong should have never been sold given a new contract and we need not have spunked close to 30 million on Rodwell and Garcia..
We offered him a new contract and he turned it down. It wasn't about money it was game time. He wanted to start more and we couldnt guarantee that.

I was led to believe it was about money, as it was going to be his last major contract, as when he came to renew it after this one, he would not be able to get the bigger wages as he would be early 30's. Not having a go as I think he would have been worth the extra money (depend on how much it was), as he is a cracking player and been a great servant to the club, but I also understand he is a business man and want the best for him and his family. I wish him well and also wish he was still on our books.

Considering we offered him 100k a week and he turned it down. I would say its not about money as there is more chance of me finding a solid gold bar in my coat pocket than AC Milan paying 100k a week to him<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:50 pm --<br /><br />
bluebannana said:
grim up north said:
bluebannana said:
sinclair must regret coming now, hes barely played.

Maicon makes no sense at all, with zaba and richards already there.

Rodwell is also puzzling when milner is such a good player in the middle.

Why would Sinclair regret signing for the Champions, he is training everyday with better players and will become a better player, we don't know what is going on in training he may not be ready yet.

It is a squad game now we have better cover in more positions Rodwell will be a better player than Milner he is technically better.

I cannot for the life of me understand why players are judged on a handful of games, as in previous threads re the same subject on previous players most experts on here will have egg on their faces

Because hes hasnt played really or been given a chance and with silva and nasri in the team and the fact we dont play with wingers he may feel regret at joining, doesnt really matter if we are champions or not- if your not playing.

how is rodwell technically better than milner ? at the end of the day milner in the middle is one of the best in the league.
Come xmas time Sinclair will be playing more as the games stack up and players need resting

Rammy Blue said:
CC1 said:
itisrising said:
The Good

The Bad

Whooooooooooooooosh.

;-)

Meaning? Either all his comments were sarcastic or he meant them all......

CC1 said:
itisrising said:
The Good

The Bad

You can sense the confusion...

InMyLifetime-BaconChops said:
CC1 said:
itisrising said:
The Good

The Bad

You can sense the confusion...

OK I admit - I am now not sure who is being serious and who isn't!!!! Not difficult with some of the stuff written on here

Give them time, you can't expect them to bed in instantly (they can't all be like Sergio).

Rammy Blue said:
3 injured - Garcia, Rodwell and Maicon.

1 not in squad - Nastasic.

1 on bench and didn't get on - Sinclair.

Strange that we've spent circa 50mil on these guys and they haven't contributed very much in the first couple of months of the season, I'd say that Garcia's goal against Stoke was the only memorable and valuable moment.

Bit harsh. We're only 10 weeks into the season ffs!

Garcia looks a good player, he can't help being injured. Will take him time to get up to PL speed and with the injury it will take a bit longer... But I've no problem with his signing.

Nastastic also looks a very good player. he's young and seems an improvement on Savic. He's 19. Give him time ffs!

Rodwell's no de Jong defensively, yet, but again he's a prospect who for the money was worth the punt. He's done well apart from two errors that unfortunately for him have led to goals. But again he's injured so what exactly can he do until he's fit?

Maicon seems like a Paddy Viera style signing, designed to bring experience to the dressing room rather than the team. So if his presence means that players like Micah learn from him and realise that they're just as good as this "World Class" player then all's good.

Scott Sinclair is to replace Adam Johnson in the squad, while costing less than we sold AJ for. Not sure how much game time he's going to get but the same would've gone for AJ... Although it seems that him moving to Manchester was more to do with his girlfriend than it was football tbh. His is the only really questionable signing, IMO. But again he was relative peanuts so it's hardly like we've spunked money LFC style is it?

For more than £50M they bought Carroll and Henderson... Compare and contrast.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.