The next Prime Minister of Britain

Literally no chance we can go back to industrial power house. To start up these days requires low wages and low health and safety then like Japan and Germany you keep up with the times and everything clicks in to place. The very reason other than Thatcher Vs the Unions that are industrial base collapsed was the very fact we didn't keep up with the times. The stuff we were producing was dire compared to the stuff other countries were. The stuff we produce now is top stuff but turning to industrialisation while introducing a living wage wont work. Why come to UK pay massive amount on land and building the factory then pay the people working £10 upwards an hour or go to China and pay $2 an hour with minimal workers rights

is your minimum wage quote up to date

Apparently Davis and Fox are one man bands in their ministries, no junior ministers. Perhaps understandable in the case of Fox, but isn't the Brexit dept not just responsible for the negotiations, but also all of the legislation required to take us out of the EU? I had read that could require 10 major bills, the lions share of all legislation in the next few years. Davis will be deluged by red boxes if he's doing it on his tod.

Anyway, I've been partly proved wrong over Brexit. Johnson isn't PM, Gove isn't chancellor, Leadsom isn't Home or Foreign Secretary. The government hasn't been swamped with brexiteers. Its only half crazy.

I thought she might have kept Gove there, but maybe it was him or Johnson. Gove's mot been bad at Justice, mostly because he's repealed all of Graying's atrocities.

Yes I thought she may keep Gove, yu know that saying keep friends close and enemies even closer, but perhaps the way Gove treated Boris put too many doubts in her mind that she could trust him. Shame really as I thought during the Brexit debated Gove showed he is a good orator, but he gambled on his future and it back fired big time.

Yes I thought she may keep Gove, yu know that saying keep friends close and enemies even closer, but perhaps the way Gove treated Boris put too many doubts in her mind that she could trust him. Shame really as I thought during the Brexit debated Gove showed he is a good orator, but he gambled on his future and it back fired big time.

I think this is his problem. Gove is almost certainly the cleverest of the lot, and a very good speaker, but unfortunately has either no advisors willing to stand up to him or no grip of political relations.

It'll be interesting to see what he does at the next GE. If he continues as an MP, he could get a job again then, but it'll still be second tier.

I'm not sad to see him gone though. Unfettered ideologues are usually dangerous.

Embarrassing for who?

You're kidding right?

The cult of Boris Johnson is a mystery to anyone who's not a member, his ability to speak French and quote Greek classics cannot hide what my late dad used to call "the bleeding obvious"

689374_1.jpg

US State Department spokesman laughs at news of Boris Johnson's appointment ...

I think this is his problem. Gove is almost certainly the cleverest of the lot, and a very good speaker, but unfortunately has either no advisors willing to stand up to him or no grip of political relations.

It'll be interesting to see what he does at the next GE. If he continues as an MP, he could get a job again then, but it'll still be second tier.

I'm not sad to see him gone though. Unfettered ideologues are usually dangerous.
Dangerous to have Gove and Osborn in the backbenches. Gove should have been given a position. In fact I'm surprised Rees-mogg wasn't utilised in some capacity.

Dangerous to have Gove and Osborn in the backbenches. Gove should have been given a position. In fact I'm surprised Rees-mogg wasn't utilised in some capacity.

Could be, although i suspect Gideon will barely be seen in order to spend more time with his money, title and directorships.

Rees-Mogg is an odd one. I like what I've seen of him, and he seems willing to put up with anyone and not indulge in soundbite politics. Finding him something appropriate to him might have been the problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.