The NHS and its future

You raise a good point about obesity, been mentioned in the NHS thread also, we as a nation are turning into a right bunch of fat bastards, drink and poor eating is becoming a major issue, we need to tackle it sooner rather than later.

If it was up to me I’d be teaching lifestyle things in junior school, I’d have the kids there longer doing much more sports etc.. yes it’d need funding but if we tackle it now it may save billions in the future allowing money to be spent on more severe illnesses.

At the airport recently and there was this kid around 12 years old who weighed at least 10 stone, it was shocking, whilst he was messing about his t-shirt rode up, his mum couldn’t move quick enough to cover him up, I thought then if she’s that embarrassed she should be doing something about it.

As for costs, I’d have them doing sports first thing every morning, schools open from 8am so parents can get off to work, I’d be teaching ALL kids to cook between 4 and 5 so they get to learn and eat really healthy meals, win win all round as parents don’t need to rush home to get them.

We’d have a healthier population, probably find more top class athletes too.

Posted these in the drinking thread and thought they may be relevant here, wonder what views are.

Absolutely agree, I’m as guilty as others at just sticking a quick pizza in for our tea, however my daughter does gymnastics and swimming and I can’t get her in the house if it’s nice out because she’s playing so I’m happy that she’s burning it off. I’m
With you on more excercise at schools 8am start pay for PE teachers get all the kids doing it.
But now they are classing game addiction so you’ll have to get that on nhs now, instead of turning off little johnnies fucking PlayStation off.

Absolutely agree, I’m as guilty as others at just sticking a quick pizza in for our tea, however my daughter does gymnastics and swimming and I can’t get her in the house if it’s nice out because she’s playing so I’m happy that she’s burning it off. I’m
With you on more excercise at schools 8am start pay for PE teachers get all the kids doing it.

Thing is mate lots of kids are leaving school and college after taking sports science degrees and have no option to use them, give them roles in schools to help combat the obesity in kids now.

they are called alternative because they have zero fact based evidence to back them up.

certainly no harm in trying them along side conventional treatments but as something to try alone you may as well just play Russian roulette.

The only reasons why there is "zero fact based evidence" are for two main reasons:-

(1) Drugs companies cannot patent naturally occurring plants, therefore you will never have drugs companies spend money on scientific studies (or fact based evidence) of the success of any plant based treatments. There is no financial incentive for them to test and develop drugs mimicking natural plants, because they can't patent them and recoup the cost of testing and developing etc. So "fact based evidence" will nearly always be a circular argument, because most studies tend to be funded by the very companies seeking to profit from the results.

(2) Those natural treatments that are successful are simply ignored and dismissed by the medical industry (eg Dr Gerson's Therapy), this doctor was completely ignored by the medical profession, despite him showing all evidence of the success of his treatments for patients.

Anyway, regardless of the above, I do not wish to argue this anymore with anyone, you have your opinion, I have mine, let's just leave it at that please :)

I don't see what needs explaining? but as youre struggling.....

I'm fed up with scroungers/freeloaders,and the downright bone idle,sponging off society and those that work their bollocks off.If youre in need of genuine support through no fault of your own,then i'm more than happy to help those less fortunate than myself.If youre a good for nothing,selfish,lazy cvnt,you can go and get fucked.

So no actual proof just half arsed anecdote. The nation does not run on anecdote btw. People like yourself facilitate attacks on those who do need help by your failure to distinguish between shite wrote in the media and actual real life circumstances. The curtain twitching society as envisaged by Obsorne and the notion of the undeserving poor are typical of right wing fucking nonsense. Because a tiny portion of society bucks the established norms we expect from members of society the net is cast wider and people who genuinely need help suffer as they are wrongly categorised as being feckless based on personal perceptions. The demonization of the Working class since the Bank crash has been one of the most incredible pieces of right wing propaganda in history. Blame the poor for everything, call them workshy and feckless and it deflects from the real criminals who caused the horrors of austerity in the first place.

You bought it hook, line and sinker. A useful idiot of the capitalist class.

Cancer treatment is always the most emotive of subjects when it comes down to NHS funding. Simple fact is, its not funded enough. It both warms my heart and breaks my heart that Christies has to rely on charitable donation. Well done to the people who raise the funds but the question is why isn't Christies funded properly in the first place. If it was charity could be focused on what people perceive as illness further down the chain of importance. It fucking winds me up. In 2018 a civilised nation with the 6th largest economy in the world should not be relying on charity to fund governmental budget shortcomings. The nation is quick to spend Billions on vanity projects such as nuclear subs whilst 1000s of poor fuckers struggle to get treatment they need to extend their lives.

All life is precious, not just life for those with the most money.

I did notice a few pages back the mention of cannabis as an NHS drug.

I am a 100% supporter of medical cannabis being available. As a long term sufferer of chronic pain I have found relief with cannabis. Im not a druggie, I don't use it often, rarely in fact but when your body is full of painkillers and pain still persists then I don't care who you are you need respite. You need sleep. I use cannabis on the odd occasion where sleep deprivitaion has become so bad im literally useless as a functioning human being. I already have access to Tramadol and use it on a fairly regular basis, after that its the mind bending craziness of Morphine. Tramadol is bad enough as it is a zombie drug, less pain, but less human response and brain function. Morphine is great if you are in hospital and you want the fella in the bed opposite to look like he has a head like a giraffe.

Its the constant battle against pain that not many don't understand because if you did cannabis would be legal now. Imagine how you would feel after a fortnight of having an abscess under every tooth and times that by ten and you get chronic pain. It never leaves you and can drive people to despair. Its not the pain though that is the real issue because you can learn to tolerate pain when it is a constant in your life. I have a mental trick where I put pain in a box and put it on a shelf in the back of my head. I take it out occasionally to remind me its still there and it still exists and it is a reason why sleep is so difficult. The less sleep you have the harder it becomes to keep the concentration required to keep the box of pain on the shelf. Eventually the box will open and the pain will escape and then sleep becomes impossible. To deny a person with chronic pain the respite and help to sleep that cannabis offers is tantamount to cruelty in my opinion. If you are against it you are denying a person a choice to live a life where their pain can be kept on the shelf.

If you are comfortable with others being in pain you cannot imagine then fair enough, but I do hope you never succumb to the ravages of constant and unrelenting pain because I can tell you from personal experience it is the hardest thing in life to deal with.

The only reasons why there is "zero fact based evidence" are for two main reasons:-

(1) Drugs companies cannot patent naturally occurring plants, therefore you will never have drugs companies spend money on scientific studies (or fact based evidence) of the success of any plant based treatments. There is no financial incentive for them to test and develop drugs mimicking natural plants, because they can't patent them and recoup the cost of testing and developing etc. So "fact based evidence" will nearly always be a circular argument, because most studies tend to be funded by the very companies seeking to profit from the results.

(2) Those natural treatments that are successful are simply ignored and dismissed by the medical industry (eg Dr Gerson's Therapy), this doctor was completely ignored by the medical profession, despite him showing all evidence of the success of his treatments for patients.

Anyway, regardless of the above, I do not wish to argue this anymore with anyone, you have your opinion, I have mine, let's just leave it at that please :)
Interesting read and jogged me of a conversation with a cancer survivor I met last year. Her and her husband shared their story, she was diagnosed with a tumour the size of a tennis ball on the forehead area and had been told she was terminal, and would have around 6 months to live. With no treatments possible her husband looked for a cure on the net and came across Papaya tea. After 3 months and drinking the tea as recommended the woman received the all clear, tumour completely gone, and the Dr didn't believe them or in natural therapies.

Plenty about Papaya tea and it's affecting of cancer. Here is just one link, and maybe a baton of hope for someone.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodand...apaya-helps-fight-cancer-find-scientists.html

Cancer treatment is always the most emotive of subjects when it comes down to NHS funding. Simple fact is, its not funded enough. It both warms my heart and breaks my heart that Christies has to rely on charitable donation. Well done to the people who raise the funds but the question is why isn't Christies funded properly in the first place. If it was charity could be focused on what people perceive as illness further down the chain of importance. It fucking winds me up. In 2018 a civilised nation with the 6th largest economy in the world should not be relying on charity to fund governmental budget shortcomings. The nation is quick to spend Billions on vanity projects such as nuclear subs whilst 1000s of poor fuckers struggle to get treatment they need to extend their lives.

All life is precious, not just life for those with the most money.

Superb post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.