The night we parked the bus.

Besteamintheland

Arsenal away - I remember thinking what a great point that could turn out to be and all the media slagging us off.
It was great management by Roberto because he new at that time he would get slated but just wanted to take that point home , I think next season he will play it different again because he knows we will be ready to go to the arsenals etc.. and have a proper go but as for this season that sticks out in my mind as the one that may have got us 3rd place.

Mancini does it "parking the bus, negative football"

fergescum does it "tactical genius"

fergescum did it against spurs for crying out loud and yet after just one game (probably the only city game pundits saw) we get accused of always playing defensive tactics.....

Due to Arsenal's better goal difference, without that point, the ONLY way we could get 3rd at weekend would be if we win and Arsenal lose. Great point! Have the Gooners stopped crying about that result yet?

The best point of the season, and one which even i didn't complain about!

It was a good point but to me it proved that Mancini, although seemingly a good manager, isn't a great one (at least not yet). I don't think anyone can deny that it was disappointing to see us go there and show such a distinct lack of ambition. I can buy the argument that we went there to do better than we did, got hammered in the first 20, so shut up shop and played for the point, but I still think we could have done a smash and grab job and taken all 3. After just over an hour or so and spending too long shitting bricks as Arsenal just seemed to constantly overwhelm us and a goal seemed inevitable, it started to become more likely that we were going to hold out and I began to wonder if we were watching a masterplan unfolding. I thought the masterplan was to frustrate them and hold out before hitting them on the break at the right time. Come the 70th minute they were out of ideas, the fans were on their backs and I thought it was the perfect time to start expressing ourselves more, hitting them on the break and trying to nick a winner, but we didn't move from the edge of our 18. That was the difference for me

But yea, a good point at the end of the day and we didn't do that at the swamp and only did a similar thing at the bridge because our players were shattered from the tough schedule we'd had.

Said it at the time, that was a good point. The Arsenal fans booing us off was piss funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.