The night we parked the bus.

Besteamintheland said:
Arsenal away - I remember thinking what a great point that could turn out to be and all the media slagging us off.
It was great management by Roberto because he new at that time he would get slated but just wanted to take that point home , I think next season he will play it different again because he knows we will be ready to go to the arsenals etc.. and have a proper go but as for this season that sticks out in my mind as the one that may have got us 3rd place.

we were brilliant that day, got battered but did our job and did it well.

That was a nervous game for us - painful to watch even on the telly - I felt sorry for the folks that had made the long journey to watch it.

sorry to spoil the love in ,but similar tactics dropped us plenty of points at home
blackburn,brum,everton, teams we need to piss all over if we,re ever to be contenders

smeeagain said:
sorry to spoil the love in ,but similar tactics dropped us plenty of points at home
blackburn,brum,everton, teams we need to piss all over if we,re ever to be contenders

I seem to remember those games were more the other way round? Blackburn and Birmingham especially it was them who 'parked the bus' rather than us.

A point was the best we could've hoped for against Arsenal. With Silva, Johnson and Balotelli all out injured opening up and attacking would've just ended up with us getting beaten. What a valuable point it could turn out to be!

you can shove your DAILY MIRROR where THE Sun don't shine

We've got Mancini
He plays how he wants!!!!!

The best team in the land and all the world.............CITY! .........CITY!

taconinja said:
LoveCity said:
Same tactics did backfire against Chelsea though, but got us a good point against Arsenal.
I think we were much more adventurous against Chelsea and we unfortunately got caught.

correct. anyone remember yaya having a chance in the 1st 5 mins,and city passing chelski to death in the 1st half hour?..hardly parking the bus when you go away and attack the champions inside 5 mins...thats without an absent tevez,a balo in disgrace and us playing nearly three times the number of games chelsea had since the turn of the year.

The Fat el Hombre said:
It was a good point but to me it proved that Mancini, although seemingly a good manager, isn't a great one (at least not yet). I don't think anyone can deny that it was disappointing to see us go there and show such a distinct lack of ambition.

He was without Silva and Balotelli. A great manager knows his limitations and plays to his strengths. That's what Mancini did that night.

mr t said:
That was a nervous game for us - painful to watch even on the telly - I felt sorry for the folks that had made the long journey to watch it.

don,t feel sorry for me mate. in 25 years of watching city i,ve only seen us get a point at arsenal once before this season.we,ve lost every other single time.
with no silva,or balo it was clear we hadn,t gone there to attack-the tight tactical set up was designed to get us a point and it worked-i came out of that ground feeling elated-city had got what they wanted with a master plan -arsenal fans were screaming in anguish.

a great night.

No Silva and No Balotelli made us play like we did that day. It was a great point for this season. Not something i would like to see a lot more of though but it has to be done sometimes.

dennishasdoneit said:
mr t said:

don,t feel sorry for me mate. in 25 years of watching city i,ve only seen us get a point at arsenal once before this season.we,ve lost every other single time.
with no silva,or balo it was clear we hadn,t gone there to attack-the tight tactical set up was designed to get us a point and it worked-i came out of that ground feeling elated-city had got what they wanted with a master plan -arsenal fans were screaming in anguish.

a great night.

Totally agree, I was there as well, and like the respondent I have only ever seen us ever get a point once, despite many visits.....

Anyone in the city end realised what a good performance that was HTF can some armchair critic be so condescending on the fans and so stupid to believe the shite the commentators spout

That night they were in their pomp, they bore no relation to the team that lost to stoke, we did well, rode our luck in the 1st quarter, but after that we really didn't look like conceding.

In the words of Max Boyce - I know see coz I woz there.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.