The Official Ashes 09 Thread

ussy said:
come on you aussies... i hate cricket so i hate our cricket team!!!! get in there you aussies!

so basically you're a rag!

You don't support your local/national team

The last five wickets again. Shows how bad both bowling attacks are, at least this time a result match is expected.

Looks like they picked the wrong Hussey, David was 120 not out for Notts today in the Pro40, off 60 balls, 6 fours and 10 sixes.

Corky said:
The last five wickets again. Shows how bad both bowling attacks are, at least this time a result match is expected.

Looks like they picked the wrong Hussey, David was 120 not out for Notts today in the Pro40, off 60 balls, 6 fours and 10 sixes.

Maybe, not the same attack though eh!

We can put this to bed tomorrow, 76 years I believe, well everythings changing...

bornblueegg said:
ussy said:
come on you aussies... i hate cricket so i hate our cricket team!!!! get in there you aussies!

so basically you're a rag!

You don't support your local/national team

Does the FA tell Man United which players can play for them, when they must play a player, and when they should rest one?

Did the FA appoint two South African Captains for the England national team in a row?

If Man United played liverpool in a Quarter final, does the FA say rest Ferdinand and Rooney but allow Gerrard to play?

The ECB has different rules for different players and it puts people's backs up.

bornblueegg said:
Has the Fetlock recovered yet from Strauss being a good captain, or is he still maintaining he is inept?

Can't be arsed going back through the previous pages!

Well sir, where do you stand now?

Regardless of whether or not England win this test or contrive to lose it,I still maintain that Strauss is one of the worst captains of recent times.
He is tactically naive,his field settings are mind-boggling,the way he (mis)uses his bowlers is absurd
(what on earth was he doing opening with Onions and Broad and not Flintoff and Anderson when we needed 2 wickets to enforce a follow-on which he chose not to enforce)?
He totally lacks the ability to inspire,motivate and lead his players the way Punter does,and I really don't think he is cut out for captaincy.
England got into a position of relative strength in this match,(a position which now looks more tenuous),through some solid individual performances and,yes,one of those was his knock in the first innings.
But little of this came through inspired captaincy.
And any England captain who can claim a catch so blatantly "grassed" as the one he did should take a long,hard look at himself.
You instinctively know as a slip fielder whether the ball has carried or not,and any doubt should go in the batsmans' favour.It should not be left to an incompetent umpire to adjudicate.
Unless winning at all costs is now more important than honesty and sportsmanship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.