The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Uwe Rösler said:
tommyducks said:
Yes, we very nearly blew the first Test despite having better bowlers and batsmen. But the momentum gained by saving it, allied to making you guys field first again 4 days later, led directly to the emphatic victory at Lord's and I strongly believe we will win at least one of the remaining 3.
better batsmen??!!

i'm not disputing that you will win another test in the series.....but i feel we have stepped away from the original discussion.........my final say on cricket as the best game in the world... a sport where the outcome can be decided by the toss of a coin can not be the best!
2 teams not playing on equal conditions is not a good sport, it would be like playing a game of football in the wind and not changing sides at half time!

My argument was that its not the number 1 sport in australia and is on the decline and crowd figures of the last few years will prove that! Aussie rules is bar far number 1,then maybe cricket then its close between rugby and football....but football will surpass all apart from aussie rules in the future....test cricket is dying

Please, you must be deluded if you think fumbleball is the most popular sport on these shores. Take a trip north of the border and see how small a shit people give about it.

Cricket is easily Australia's number one sport. Then either Rugby League or Australian Rules, depending if the person you ask is from Sydney or Melbourne, then football, then rugby union.

Test cricket and football are two sports that don't have to be "exciting" to be entertaining. Lulls, and tension, actually make for a better match. Unlike T20 matches, that seem to roll into each other, each less significant than the one before it.

Wheelsy said:
Uwe Rösler said:
better batsmen??!!

i'm not disputing that you will win another test in the series.....but i feel we have stepped away from the original discussion.........my final say on cricket as the best game in the world... a sport where the outcome can be decided by the toss of a coin can not be the best!
2 teams not playing on equal conditions is not a good sport, it would be like playing a game of football in the wind and not changing sides at half time!

My argument was that its not the number 1 sport in australia and is on the decline and crowd figures of the last few years will prove that! Aussie rules is bar far number 1,then maybe cricket then its close between rugby and football....but football will surpass all apart from aussie rules in the future....test cricket is dying
Please, you must be deluded if you think fumbleball is the most popular sport on these shores. Take a trip north of the border and see how small a shit people give about it.

Cricket is easily Australia's number one sport. Then either Rugby League or Australian Rules, depending if the person you ask is from Sydney or Melbourne, then football, then rugby union.

rugby?!! the biggest crowds they get are from the storm, and every club in sydney is nearly bankrupt league will be dead and buried before cricket.....and noway cricket is number one did you see the crowds this year at test matches over our summer?!!

Brisbane lions still get 2o,00 to 30,00 spectators and the swans get more than any rugby team too. I think the proof is in the pudding in the t.v rights deals....A.F.L nearly 900 million!!
cricket and rugby together wouldnt get near that!!

Haddin OUT of the test, broke finger AFTER teams sheets went in
AUS asked ENG for a replacement(Manou) Strauss could off said no(meaning AUS would have no keeper) but he said yes
not sure about that, i know its in the spirit of the game but that would of been a HUGE advantage for England

kippaxwarrior said:
AUS asked ENG for a replacement(Manou) Strauss could off said no(meaning AUS would have no keeper) but he said yes
not sure about that, i know its in the spirit of the game but that would of been a HUGE advantage for England

Is winning like that really winning though?

MCFC-alan88 said:
kippaxwarrior said:

Well the Aussie's are hardly known for their sporting play.

MCFC-alan88 said:
kippaxwarrior said:

ask India who got well stiched up by Ponting last year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.