The Official Ashes 09 Thread

I do enjoy a bit of cricket but I am no expert. Just listening to the commentary this morning a few questions have come to mind.

The oval pitch is dry and dusty which according to the commentators is unusual? What difference will this make?

The Australians have no spin bowlers only seamers (?) does the track as above work in our favour in that case?

Will we see the ball reverse swing, I think that will be an advantage for us?

Cheers

If its dry it will bounce more and should be fairly quick so the seamers and fast bowlers will enjoy it. Your not going to get that much spin out of it.

Sam Eto's P45 said:
I do enjoy a bit of cricket but I am no expert. Just listening to the commentary this morning a few questions have come to mind.

The oval pitch is dry and dusty which according to the commentators is unusual? What difference will this make?

The Australians have no spin bowlers only seamers (?) does the track as above work in our favour in that case?

Cheers
Ok firstly the pitch is dry and dusty meaning that it will crack later on in the match, this is useful for mainly the spinners but sometimes the seamers since the ball takes greater deviation if hits an uneven surface.
Australia dont have a spinner however they have two part-time spinners in clarke and katich. The ball reverse swinging is an advantage for both teams if they can get it to do that. Hope this answers your questions. If you need anything else just ask.

kp789 said:
Richard said:
If its dry it will bounce more and should be fairly quick so the seamers and fast bowlers will enjoy it. Your not going to get that much spin out of it.
It will spin towards the end as the pitch cracks and breaks up.

Good point. Am I right in the fact there will be more bounce?

Sam Eto's P45 said:

Cheers

Reverse swing just kind of happens, don't get me wrong you have to be able to do it first though. The weather conditions need to be right and the ball needs to be well used. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4155734.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket ... 155734.stm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.