The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Richard said:
kp789 said:
It will spin towards the end as the pitch cracks and breaks up.

Good point. Am I right in the fact there will be more bounce?
erm well to start yes but generally dry/crumbling pitches dont bounce more than the average wicket. If the pitch was hard and flat it would bounce a lot. Basically each pitch has different characteristics and advantages.
Green wicket-Good for seamers
Hard Wicket- Good for batsman, ok for seamers
Crumbling/Dry- Good for spin later on, Good for batsmen to start
Damp wicket- Bad for batsmen

dannybcity said:
Sam Eto's P45 said:
Will we see the ball reverse swing, I think that will be an advantage for us?

Cheers

Reverse swing just kind of happens, don't get me wrong you have to be able to do it first though. The weather conditions need to be right and the ball needs to be well used. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4155734.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket ... 155734.stm</a>
correct, simon jones used to be able to do it

Cheers all for views and explanations.

I guess we will be hoping that as the pitch deteriorates the weather will give us a hand as well, a bit of humidity/dampness?

Will we see all five days of play? Anyone know the forecast?

Sam Eto's P45 said:
Cheers all for views and explanations.

I guess we will be hoping that as the pitch deteriorates the weather will give us a hand as well, a bit of humidity/dampness?

Will we see all five days of play? Anyone know the forecast?
a bit of rain forecast but yeah i think we might get a bit of swing

The thing is if the pitch crumbles it will benefit us as we have a frontline spinner and they don't but it will effect our seem bowlers as we will lose pace and bounce and thats what Fred and Harmy rely on. If we are going to win this test we need to post at least 400 and then knock the Aussies over quite cheaply to make sure we have enough time to get the victory as the oval is known for being a flat wicket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.