The Official Ashes 09 Thread

Selection policy has lost us the Ashes...

No Clark to start, dropping Hughes rather than Hussey, and picking a five quicks at the only place that spins and your part-time tweaker takes 4-fer.

Great stuff Australia, baffling field settings from the south african rat. Make no mistake the Aussies are confident of chasing this down.

quote from Jonny Crossan

The decision to bat at Headingley was simply unavoidable, if he had not and then we had lost he really would have been hung out to dry. Our abysmal batting on the first day was absolutely nothing to do with Strauss and everything to do with the calibre of our other batsmen. Anybody who has played cricket knows that the captain's influence ends when you get the bat in your hand.

Today he was simply excellent as a captain and as our most reliable batsmen. I don't know who you'd pick to lead the team but whoever it is your dead wrong (IMO). We are on the verge of a great triumph and your response to this fantastic performance is to rubbish our best player who is also undoubtedly the best captain since Vaughan bowed out. You'd really rather have KP or Freddy or Colly - simply preposterous.[/quote]

my apologies bornblueegg, it was another who posted this nonsense. I should have guessed who.[/quote]

Thank you JC. It is now obvious to me that the rubbish spouted has not been missed by others. I personally like "If ponting was our captain then we'd have already won the ashes"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.