The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTID101 said:
Its all well and good saying loan him here and loan him there.

If no clubs come in for him we can't just send him to a club without their permission. He clearly is not as good as he believes or some people think otherwise some teams would be wanting to take him on loan.

I don't believe we told Feyenoord to take Elabdellouai they must have been watching him and thought he could help them.

I thought Guidetti recommended him to them?

mcfcdaytona said:
I can't see scouts going back to their clubs praising his displays to sign him up on a loan because time and again this season he has shown far too little. It will have been a real reality check to him that a player two years his junior was chosen to come on against Watford in the FA cup and that he is slowly slipping down the pecking order to permanent departure from City.

Very true.He does seem to have stopped improving so maybe it's vital that he gets a loan chance to show there is more there than he has been showing in our EDS/Under 19 and 21 games.If not he will be gone next year.

CTID101 said:
If no clubs come in for him we can't just send him to a club without their permission. He clearly is not as good as he believes or some people think otherwise some teams would be wanting to take him on loan.

We have ties with clubs all over the place, whatever level Suarez is on there will be a club we can send him too be it in La Liga or the Danish Superliga. We've sent hugely inferior talents out on loan, we have options for average young players (like Omar - two foreign loan moves already this season) so without doubt there'd be options for Suarez.

IMO Suarez is the classic case of being stuck in the limited English reserve system, a B team would be healthier but is impossible in the English league system. Playing at a higher level will inevitably give him new challenges (and motivation) so should be the compromise rather than selling him.

He said in another interview the other day that Mancini chose not to loan him but keep him close to the first team which obviously shows he is in that select group with Razak and Rekik that the club rates highly. But as he's been limited to 1 first team game that stance needs to change.

To be honest Suarez is not that good. If he was he would be pushing for the first team. At 19 Micah, Sturridge, SWP, Johnson, David White, Paul Lake, Onouha, even Joey Barton, all looked like stars. We have got a good crop of youngsters coming through at under 16...until then I haven't got great hopes for any of our EDS players. I think it will take another five years or so before we see real progress.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
mcfcdaytona said:
I can't see scouts going back to their clubs praising his displays to sign him up on a loan because time and again this season he has shown far too little. It will have been a real reality check to him that a player two years his junior was chosen to come on against Watford in the FA cup and that he is slowly slipping down the pecking order to permanent departure from City.

Very true.He does seem to have stopped improving so maybe it's vital that he gets a loan chance to show there is more there than he has been showing in our EDS/Under 19 and 21 games.If not he will be gone next year.

If that's the case, that he has regressed or stopped improving, then City exec's must be doing something about that in the future. We can't buy and develop highly rated teens, and then have no plans for them once they reach their 20's.

These kids need to play competitive games! I'm hoping the PL reserve/U21 league would help with this. And while I'm at it: Lombardo.... I mean, he's not got a very good managerial CV does he? I'd want us to sign the best youth manager and coaches there is to lead the U19's and U21's, the prepare them for the senior squad. Surely, with the new Academy rising, staff members will be something of paramount importance.

I really hope the likes of Pozo and Lopes meets another destiny than that of Denís.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 pm --<br /><br />
bobbyowenquiff said:
To be honest Suarez is not that good. If he was he would be pushing for the first team. At 19 Micah, Sturridge, SWP, Johnson, David White, Paul Lake, Onouha, even Joey Barton, all looked like stars. We have got a good crop of youngsters coming through at under 16...until then I haven't got great hopes for any of our EDS players. I think it will take another five years or so before we see real progress.

To be fair, the competition for places in the senior side looked a tad different back then.

bobbyowenquiff said:
At 19 Micah, Sturridge, SWP, Johnson, David White, Paul Lake, Onouha, even Joey Barton, all looked like stars.

I'd be surprised if a single one of these players would be in our first-team picture were they 19 now. The level is completely different, Suarez would be a first teamer for us if it was 2006.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
mcfcdaytona said:

When young prospects with talent start to show form they generally make the leap into and around the first team. After a while you can often see a dip in form and the player needs to re-focus. However Denis has not even shown enough to warrant being in and around the first team and so what excuse has Denis got not to putting in performances that are making Mancini & Co think this lad is pushing for 1st team inclusion. Not every young player with a great reputation has what it takes to take that final step of development. Blaming the reserve system as some are doing when they play with other very talented players like Lopes & Pozo is just making an easy excuse for a player that has not got the temperament, hunger or desire to succeed and to apply their talent onto the field of play.

Matt the Giant said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
mcfcdaytona said:

If that's the case, that he has regressed or stopped improving, then City exec's must be doing something about that in the future. We can't buy and develop highly rated teens, and then have no plans for them once they reach their 20's.

These kids need to play competitive games! I'm hoping the PL reserve/U21 league would help with this. And while I'm at it: Lombardo.... I mean, he's not got a very good managerial CV does he? I'd want us to sign the best youth manager and coaches there is to lead the U19's and U21's, the prepare them for the senior squad. Surely, with the new Academy rising, staff members will be something of paramount importance.

I really hope the likes of Pozo and Lopes meets another destiny than that of Denís.

-- Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:55 pm --

bobbyowenquiff said:

To be fair, the competition for places in the senior side looked a tad different back then.
That is certainly true but most of those youngsters looked superb at youth level, in fact most of them won the Youth Cup with us. When they played for the first team they looked comfortable. Micah was playing for England (so was Peter Barnes) Our current EDS team has looked awful for most of this season. I really hope I am proved wrong but I think we will have to wait a few years yet to see our youngsters rule the roost. I am sure the Campus plans will make it happen.

Let's not forget that most if not all the names mentioned were around at a time where it was fairly easy to make the first team if you were any good at all. Now the challenge is to get a game instead of Yaya,Silva,Milner,Barry or Nasri if you play in midfield. A whole different ball game.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Let's not forget that most if not all the names mentioned were around at a time where it was fairly easy to make the first team if you were any good at all. Now the challenge is to get a game instead of Yaya,Silva,Milner,Barry or Nasri if you play in midfield. A whole different ball game.

Yes easier to make the first team - but the likes of Lake, Micah, White, Johnson, SWP were still all showing more at 19 even though they may not all have been blessed with top level skill(exception of Lake who did) - but they all had a desire to succeed - which Suarez atm is not showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.