The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
saying suarez is not good enough is wrong ? we havent give him a bloody chance! and dont say 1 or 2 games in a cup game is a chance with fringe players playing along side him! the thing that worrys me is that i dont think we will ever give youth players a 'good' chance anymore.

Grieffymcfcctid said:
saying suarez is not good enough is wrong ? we havent give him a bloody chance! and dont say 1 or 2 games in a cup game is a chance with fringe players playing along side him! the thing that worrys me is that i dont think we will ever give youth players a 'good' chance anymore.

I think it's fair to suggest his performances in the EDS/21's have not indicated he has what it takes to make it at first team level if that's the opinion off those who have seen him regularly...isn't it.

Maybe the only real test is to do it at the full level but usually players that have what it takes really shine at the lover level.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Grieffymcfcctid said:

I think it's fair to suggest his performances in the EDS/21's have not indicated he has what it takes to make it at first team level if that's the opinion off those who have seen him regularly...isn't it.

Maybe the only real test is to do it at the full level but usually players that have what it takes really shine at the lover level.

Some players lose the motivation and need to be given senior games at their club or elsewhere on loan to progress. Pogba for Juventus for example looks like a world class midfield prospect whereas at United fans were saying he was stagnating and looked bored, and Ferguson wouldn't give him a chance. Pozo and Lopes who have been mentioned have been lighting it up, but if they are still in the reserve team when they are 19 will they continue progressing or lose motivation at the lack of chances? The only real way to judge Suarez I think is to give him a year on loan somewhere competitive.

Grieffymcfcctid said:
To be honest as much as it is great to see young players come through, I really really dont want to become an Arsenal.

You cant say we dont give youth a chance when a 17year old has just set the record for youngest scorer

I'd love to see him get a chance this year tbh. Unfortunate that we were shit against villa in cap one cup

Would be real disappointed if he gets a transfer out without even getting a shot

LoveCity said:
CTID101 said:
If no clubs come in for him we can't just send him to a club without their permission. He clearly is not as good as he believes or some people think otherwise some teams would be wanting to take him on loan.

We have ties with clubs all over the place, whatever level Suarez is on there will be a club we can send him too be it in La Liga or the Danish Superliga. We've sent hugely inferior talents out on loan, we have options for average young players (like Omar - two foreign loan moves already this season) so without doubt there'd be options for Suarez.

IMO Suarez is the classic case of being stuck in the limited English reserve system, a B team would be healthier but is impossible in the English league system. Playing at a higher level will inevitably give him new challenges (and motivation) so should be the compromise rather than selling him.

He said in another interview the other day that Mancini chose not to loan him but keep him close to the first team which obviously shows he is in that select group with Razak and Rekik that the club rates highly. But as he's been limited to 1 first team game that stance needs to change.
I know we do but surely we would have offered him out to them as I am sure the "high level" youngsters eg Guidetti, Suarez, Omar and so on were.

Besides as has been said Lopes and Evans etc are training with the first team quite often as is Rekik so Mancini will give the chance to those who are working hard for it. Suarez might not be putting his full effort as he believes he is too good for that level or something.

Not knocking the lad but I just think there has to be a reason he hasn't gone on loan because as you say others have. I don't believe that we aren't loaning him because Mancini want's him round the first team because surely he would want him out on loan and playing like Guidetti?

CTID101 said:
Not knocking the lad but I just think there has to be a reason he hasn't gone on loan because as you say others have. I don't believe that we aren't loaning him because Mancini want's him round the first team because surely he would want him out on loan and playing like Guidetti?

From what he said, Mancini felt he could be used in the first team this season but obviously he hasn't (besides Villa). I see it more as an endorsement from the club than the opposite that he hasn't gone out on loan, just like Rekik (and now Guidetti) - it means they're quite close to the club's first team. But considering that hasn't led to enough games for him a loan would be the best option. He was injured for over two months of this season too which hasn't helped. The Championship (and below) loan window opened today so that could be a short-term option for him.

LoveCity said:
CTID101 said:

From what he said, Mancini felt he could be used in the first team this season but obviously he hasn't (besides Villa). I see it more as an endorsement from the club than the opposite that he hasn't gone out on loan, just like Rekik (and now Guidetti) - it means they're quite close to the club's first team. But considering that hasn't led to enough games for him a loan would be the best option. He was injured for over two months of this season too which hasn't helped. The Championship (and below) loan window opened today so that could be a short-term option for him.

The injury would likely have messed up plans for him this season.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
LoveCity said:
CTID101 said:

The injury would likely have messed up plans for him this season.

That is possibly true but i don't believe teams are interested in him. Like i have said before he does have talent but talent alone is only a small part of whether a player will make it. Whenever i have see him play he's lacked any real heart, i view him as a luxury player and unless a team is willing to build a team round him accommodate him who is going to take him on when A) They are unsure whether he will improve you or B) if he will improve you by building a team round him then who is going to take that chance on him for only one year?

Also do not agree with some on here that if they aren't in the side at 19/20 then they aren't good enough. Football has changed, we have changed. Unless you get a freak of a player in talent or physical attributes it is very rare for a player to be in the side at 19/20. Players develop at different paces. For some, they peak at 18/19 and by the time they are 21/22 they are no where near the level required whilst on the other hand the others are no where near ready at 18/19 but a few loan moves here and there in their early 20's and they are ready at 21/22. You only have to look at Evans and Cleverley at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.