The official EDS and academy thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
spinzer said:
Feyenoord are aware of mounting interest in teenage midfielder Rodney Kongolo, but insist no approach has been received.

The highly-rated 15-year-old is the latest product of the club's famed academy system to draw admiring glances from outside of Holland.

Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal are all believed to be keen on taking Kongolo to England.

All three Premier League clubs have made successful raids on Feyenoord in the past, with Jeffrey Bruma and Nathan Ake having moved to Stamford Bridge, Kyle Ebecilio to the Emirates and Karim Relik to the Etihad Stadium.

Feyenoord are hoping to avoid seeing another hot prospect slip through their grasp, but can do little to prevent Kongolo from leaving as he is too young to be tied down on professional terms.

They insist they have had no contact with interested parties at present, but acknowledge that a number of their most promising talents have fallen under the radar of other sides.

Technical director Martin van Geel told Algemeen Dagblad: "Our youth players are being followed, we are aware of that.

"But we are not aware of any serious interest in Rodney. He is only 15 years old and no official contact has been made with us regarding his availability.
This is taken rom Skysport.
What do you think? should we get this guy for the sum of 1,5m? Seems like if we get this guy we will have alot of new 'Viera's in this academy, wonder if anyone can actually live up to that comparison :)
I would be very surprised if Rodney Kongolo decided to leave Feyenoord. His older brother Terence had plenty of offers as well in the past from English clubs but decided to stay.

Well done Denis! How about rewarding him with a promotion to the first team squad next weekend? Pry Sinclair off the bench and reward a good performance from one of our promising youths with a spot on the bench and if all is going well, 10 or 15 minutes at the end.

LoveCity said:
Well done Denis! How about rewarding him with a promotion to the first team squad next weekend? Pry Sinclair off the bench and reward a good performance from one of our promising youths with a spot on the bench and if all is going well, 10 or 15 minutes at the end.

Wake up sleepy head,you must have drifted off......

Lawlor, Wabara,Leigh,Huws (C), Plummer,Boyata,Rusnak,Rodwell, Fofana, Lopes, Suarez
Subs: Mancini, Facey,Gunn, Ntham, Glendon,

Stoke surprise surpise were big and physical, Suarez even though scoring two was not up for a fight and reminded me of Nasri deft touches but backed out of a tackle.
Players who impessed me and my West Ham fan mate were Huws the Captain he was all over the place with a level head, Dedryk solid at the back and in the middle and the big stoke lads couldnt push him over and Rusnak was running all over trying to link up and create chances.
Rodwell did well and was subbed after 60 or so minutes.
Game was played at a frantic pace first half and enjoyable to watch but we took control and a bit more awareness around the box could have had a few more.

woahmark said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rodwell update?
Played 60 minutes.

Cheers mate,the,unnecessary,other thread informed me......

Given the fact our team looks very tired,especially in midfield,his return could be crucial to securing 2nd and winning the Cup.

Please stay fit Jack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.