The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
blink922 said:
Bit random this, but why has George Evans never been given a shot in the league or any of the cups? He's been in what, 3 CL match day squads?

simple as sadly he isn't good enough

Nelly's Left Foot said:
blink922 said:
Bit random this, but why has George Evans never been given a shot in the league or any of the cups? He's been in what, 3 CL match day squads?

He isn't really playing that many u21 games either

Nelly's Left Foot said:
blink922 said:

I just thought it was odd that he makes the bench in high profile matches but never for lower key games.

blink922 said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
blink922 said:

I just thought it was odd that he makes the bench in high profile matches but never for lower key games.
I can't pass judgment on wether he's good enough as I've hardly seen him play.
But I think City would love him to make it with the first team as he'd be a real poster boy for the academy/youth setup (probably why he was in squad for champs league?) As he's been with us since he was 5 and played in every level of the academy.

Until English lads learn that foreign lads go home from training and kick the ball against the wall etc when they are not at school or eating - will they realise that playing video games be it even football video games or watching football on sky will not get them anyway near a top class 1st team squad.

mcfcdaytona said:
Until English lads learn that foreign lads go home from training and kick the ball against the wall etc when they are not at school or eating - will they realise that playing video games be it even football video games or watching football on sky will not get them anyway near a top class 1st team squad.
While this is true, playing video games or watching football is actually quite good for them to do when they aren't playing. Visualising skills or situations in fotball matches helps improve the players skills. This is how players retain their skills when they are injured.
Offcourse visualising isn't as good as actually playing, but if u have to rest, this is the way to improve your skills further.

spinzer said:
mcfcdaytona said:
While this is true, playing video games or watching football is actually quite good for them to do when they aren't playing. Visualising skills or situations in fotball matches helps improve the players skills. This is how players retain their skills when they are injured.
Offcourse visualising isn't as good as actually playing, but if u have to rest, this is the way to improve your skills further.

I am guessing you were being serious?

Nelly's Left Foot said:
spinzer said:
mcfcdaytona said:

I bet if his place of work offered standing at a desk as an option, he'd oppose it for a good sit down - even if the health benefits were stamped out nice an clear. Although, to his credit Barca academy players study games in depth for tactics, tips and the like

Nelly's Left Foot said:
spinzer said:
mcfcdaytona said:

I dont think u understand. You wont kick a ball around for 12 hours a day, there's no meaning to that, but for say it would be better to train for maybe 4 hours and then later visualise, this is what top athletes often do.
I do study sports psychology, now i do understand that id might sound stupid, but it's a proven method, quite effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.