The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
spinzer said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
spinzer said:
While this is true, playing video games or watching football is actually quite good for them to do when they aren't playing. Visualising skills or situations in fotball matches helps improve the players skills. This is how players retain their skills when they are injured.
Offcourse visualising isn't as good as actually playing, but if u have to rest, this is the way to improve your skills further.

I am guessing you were being serious?
I dont think u understand. You wont kick a ball around for 12 hours a day, there's no meaning to that, but for say it would be better to train for maybe 4 hours and then later visualise, this is what top athletes often do.
I do study sports psychology, now i do understand that id might sound stupid, but it's a proven method, quite effective.

I do not see playing a football video game as visualising playing the real game. The idea that it is how "how players retain their skills when they are injured" I find quite laughable.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
spinzer said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
I am guessing you were being serious?
I dont think u understand. You wont kick a ball around for 12 hours a day, there's no meaning to that, but for say it would be better to train for maybe 4 hours and then later visualise, this is what top athletes often do.
I do study sports psychology, now i do understand that id might sound stupid, but it's a proven method, quite effective.

I do not see playing a football video game as visualising playing the real game. The idea that it is how "how players retain their skills when they are injured" I find quite laughable.
Not what i meant. Playing a football video game, can help you some way. But simply sitting in a chair and visualising real life situations is offcourse by far the supperior way.

oldius said:
Alex Henshall has just scored the first of his loan spell.

I hope he can recapture his early promise.I saw him play for England U19's a couple of seasons back and he was outstanding on the wing - the talent is there,just consistency missing i reckon.

FantasyIreland said:
oldius said:
Alex Henshall has just scored the first of his loan spell.

I hope he can recapture his early promise.I saw him play for England U19's a couple of seasons back and he was outstanding on the wing - the talent is there,just consistency missing i reckon.

I wonder if any comparison could be made with Townsend. He had loads of loan spells before he started to happen and now he is damn good.Townsend seems quite special as he is very quick ( so is Henshall),he has good left foot ( as has Henshall) he can play off his right foot ( not Henshall) he seems to take a tackle and get up for more (not Henshall) he can handle tight marking by a defender keen to rough him up (not Henshall), he seems to get back and contribute to the team defending (not Henshall).

So clearly Henshall has plenty to do but he has some of the raw materials and I would guess just needs to work a lot harder at his game and keep improving.

I think Desire is the key word.

Henshall has the basics,the talent,but players like Townsend don't know when they're beaten,they always want more and are prepared to go that bit extra......

I guess,ultimately,its what seperates the wheat from the chaff.

Its only a guess but surely Townsend was excelling at u18/reserve level at Tottenham though when he was Henshall's age?

Apparently today's EDS game against CSKA will be streamed live on their website:

<a class="postlink" href="http://pfc-cska.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://pfc-cska.com/</a>

Good to see Pozo back:

BXP8WMtCUAAfZEC.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.