The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good start,this Glendon kid is on to look out for

Guidetti looking good too apparently

@markbooth_mcfc now
Guidetti looking good so far tonight - as fit as I've seen him in recent times. Light on his feet, energetic, holding the ball up well.

@MCFC 10m
21. Ooh, almost from Guidetti - the Swede attempts an audacious improvised flick with his back to goal but it's wide of the target.

SrilankanBlue said:
Good start,this Glendon kid is on to look out for

Guidetti looking good too apparently

@markbooth_mcfc now
Guidetti looking good so far tonight - as fit as I've seen him in recent times. Light on his feet, energetic, holding the ball up well.

@MCFC 10m
21. Ooh, almost from Guidetti - the Swede attempts an audacious improvised flick with his back to goal but it's wide of the target.

is this game streaming anywhere? or are any of the EDs games ?

Unless we play United, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal (edit: seems Arsenal closed down their channel) - teams with their own TV channels - they're never shown. I'm surprised no one has picked up rights for the U21 PL yet, though.

Ba1EOodCUAAxH-o.jpg:large

Glendon and Guidetti after first goal.

Lifted off City's Twitter feed.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:41 pm --<br /><br />4-1 Hiwula

They played ok tonight against what seemed a poor Middlesbrough side.Good top see both Guidetti and Lopes playing too and both as expected didn't finish the game.Lopes after about 65 minutes and Guidetti about 75.We had Hiwula,Pozo and Cole on the bench so that sort of gave away what was going to happen.

We had most of the ball in the first half and I was impressed with Guidetti's touch.Coming short with a center half up his back he held the ball up well and played some very neat one touch lay offs to runners from midfield.The first goal was from a ball threaded into Guidetti in the box and he twisted and turned before clipping the perfect cross to the head of the onrushing Glendon.

Bytqi scored thee second.I think fed by Lopes on the left edge of the box and he just moves inside the defender and drilled it home.Not that many other chances but nothing going the other way from Middlesbro.They came out stronger in the 2nd half closing down better but their main threat was when we messed up which we did a few times with either bad passes from the back of dwelling on the ball too long.In the end we didn't defend a high ball down the middle with both Boyata and Facey missing headers and their number 8 just ran through to score.

We got 2 ahead quite quickly when Rusnak took a shot which the keeper parried and Guidetti was on hand to knock it in.He nearly got two more as well.One a sharp shot which hit the bar and another showing quick feet twice but a desperate lunge blocked the shot.Hiwula replaced him and got the 4th after a poor backpass.He just got in before the keeper ,rounded him and slotted home very easily.

Probably not the toughest test but a good win anyway with some good football played.Bytyqi showed up very well tonight I thought. Huws seemed to have one of those not so clever games.Some good stuff but too much sloppy.Lopes was fairly quiet on his return but some good minutes before the big Bayern game next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.