The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
SrilankanBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rony Lopes ‏@Rony10Lopes 9m
Today is about good news: its my fathers birthday and Im back against Boro tomorrow! #feelinghappy pic.twitter.com/hklhf49zP8

Will he be eligible for bayern??

If he is back for Boro then I imagine he will play in the youth CL, he won't make the first team bench I don't think.

BlueDejong said:
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/03/american-youth-player-guest-plays-for-manchester-city-wins-tournament-mvp/

American youth player guest plays for Manchester City, wins tournament MVP
John Kenneth Hilton, known by his nickname Xuxuh, is no stranger to playing against tough competition, having been called up to a United States under-14 national team camp at age 11. Now 12, the Long Beach, Calif., native completed a recent training stint with the Manchester City academy by winning the tournament MVP award at the United Jeugd Cup.

In six games over two days in the Netherlands, City won all six matches against other academy teams from across Europe. Xuxuh, guest playing from his usual team in the Chivas USA academy, “blew that place up,” as Gary Kleiban, whose brother, Brian, coaches Xuxuh at Chivas, put it in a blog post.

A right back in the mold of Dani Alves, the Barcelona USA academy product stood out at the prestigious MIC Cup youth tournament earlier this year, receiving interest from Manchester United, FC Barcelona and Ajax, along with Manchester City. City got another look at him over the summer at Surf Cup in San Diego.

From there, the Manchester club invited Xuxuh to train with its academy for a week and play in the Dutch tournament in August.

He may still only be 12 years old, but John Kenneth Hilton has already done enough to catch the eye of the world's biggest clubs.

Hilton, who goes by "Xuxuh" (shu-shu) is a speedy American fullback from Long Beach, Calif. who started training with Chivas USA's academy program back in April 2013. It was the same month that he was called in to USA Under-14 national team camp ... as an 11-year-old.

His story is told here by the brother of his Under-14 coach at Chivas, Brian Kleiban, who has coached Xuxuh for several years.

Apparently the Chivas USA academy's participation in the recent MIC Cup in Spain (April) and the Surf Cup last month got the youngster noticed by some big clubs around Europe.

Manchester City even invited him over and Xuxuh starred in an international tournament for the Citizens, earning MVP honors. The player has since returned to Chivas USA's Under-14 Youth Development Team coached by Kleiban.

"He was invited for this tournament, but after his showing I'm sure [Manchester City] would like him to return in the future," Chivas USA director of soccer Sacha van der Most wrote to MLSsoccer.com via email. "We are following up with [Manchester City], as our sporting president, Dennis te Kloese, has a good relationship with City. We want to make sure Manchester City will respect our club, as we hope to continue the player in his home environment."

Now he with MCFC ? I don't know.

An American kid from the Chivas Academy who plays for the US Under -14s!! Surely you must be jesting!!
He he! No. Cool. Hope we sign him.

sam-caddick said:
SrilankanBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Rony Lopes ‏@Rony10Lopes 9m
Today is about good news: its my fathers birthday and Im back against Boro tomorrow! #feelinghappy pic.twitter.com/hklhf49zP8

Will he be eligible for bayern??

If he is back for Boro then I imagine he will play in the youth CL, he won't make the first team bench I don't think.

Yeah thats more plausible, the U19s will need him in their Bayern away game, I think they need a draw to progress

u11s/12s. In premier league truce tournament in Ypres. Very young team will be tough for them. They do a battle field tour and menin gate today.

Great learning experience

gh_mcfc said:
u11s/12s. In premier league truce tournament in Ypres. Very young team will be tough for them. They do a battle field tour and menin gate today.

Great learning experience

I wonder if these kids know just how fortunate they are. Sounds fantastic.

CITY EDS XI: Lawlor, Drury, Facey, Boyata, Leigh, Huws, Glendon, Rusnak, Bytyqi, Lopes, Guidetti

CITY EDS SUBS: Johansen, Fofana, Pozo, Cole, Hiwula.

greasedupdeafguy said:
FantasyIreland said:
No Denayer?
Promoted to the first team this weekend?

I'd like to think so but i'd imagine if a first team selection was to happen it would be a home game and we'd have a few injuries.
Great prospect but probably not quite ready just yet,i hope to see him in the Cup squad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.