The Official EDS and Academy Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Does anyone know where Lopes is?

Is he injured or does anybosy see him making the West Ham squad?

More likely he has been away on international stuff and thus not available

and my god were we awful tonight! We didn't seem to have a midfield that knew how to pass and create space to receive a ball.In theory in the 1st half we had Demechelis in the sitting role with Rodwell and Glendon and then 2 wide players (Rusnak and Pozo ) with Hiwula through middle.

Glendon I believe has been playing ok recently but tonight I thought he had a mare.Rodwell wasn't much better but he played the full game so will be better for that.Pozo is feeling his way back and got nothing from Vidal playing right back for Rochdale.Rusnak didn't have a great but he is decent on the ball and did create the 2 goals for Hiwula .Both well taken and the 2nd was especially good guiding a header in when the cross was a little behind him.

Once Rochdale cottened on that we wanted to play from the back(including the keeper) they just pressed high and we had little answer.For much of the 2nd half they were the better side and I think probably deserved to win.Andrew Tutte played for them as well and he missed their first penalty.Our only miss was Rodwell who shot wide.

cleavers said:
SrilankanBlue said:
‏@MCFC 13m
GOAL CITY!! That combination again - Albert Rusnak crosses to Jordy Hiwula for his and City's second. 2-2 - are we heading for penalties?
So with 2-3 PL players in the squad, we have managed to hold the mighty Rochdale to a draw ?

No silly. we beat them on penalties. Get. In.

I think the whole Rekik debate has been taken completely out of context. I think everyone is pro-Rekik, as they are with Lopes and a few others.

The debate was started around Rekik and him making it at City. City, Manchester City! Not at PSV, Rochdale, Barcelona or Bari. I hold Rekik in high hope, I think he is the one player we have who is out getting decent experience at a good level, something Guidetti thrived in.

But back to the original point - Is there going to be a place for him at City in 5 years? Hoping we are challenging on all front for every trophy, tom dick and harry we can get, will we be signing 3 or 4 players a season or will we let the likes of Guidetti, Rekik, Lopes actually have a pop?! God knows I would have liked to have seen Denis Suarez gracing the field this season!

Do we need another goalkeeping prospect though?

I can only think he is an exceptional talent given we already have superb prospects in Lawlor and Gunn.

big blueballs said:
FantasyIreland said:
15 year old Norwegian GK Kjetil Haug on trial with Utd & City.

His trial at Utd has finished....it's now up to us to get him....looks like he has a decision to make

He's a United fan but he said that won't factor into his decision. Arsenal will also take him on trial and Everton already have. He's very, very highly rated and all the clubs are desperate to sign him. Since he is 15, Gunn is 17, and Lawlor is 18, I don't see why we can't have all three if he opts to join us. Is the U18s goalkeeper Billy O'Brien any good? He's from Bury so quite local born unlike the others. One thing City have never been poor at is developing decent keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.