The official GAMBLING TIPS thread.

bluemc1 said:
tidyman said:
bluemc1 said:
pick 4 games on goals galore, 4 top of the table sides away to mid table teams in any league, put a fiver on it every saturday, you will make a profit,

No you won't.

im gonna take some convincing as i have last 2 years and am up again this year, i will have a little side bet with you, ill post my selections every friday,

I'm not gonna be having internet bets with strangers mate. And I'm certainly not gonna start searching out your selections each week and keeping a running total.

The huge numbers of people doing these bets regularly means there are always going to be individuals who get a freakishly good run. And if you say you are showing a medium term profit on these bets, I have no reason to disbelieve you.

What I am saying is that you are NEVER getting the correct price on these bets and that means for the vast majority of punters, it is a long term loser, no matter what your selections.

tidyman said:
bluemc1 said:
tidyman said:
No you won't.

im gonna take some convincing as i have last 2 years and am up again this year, i will have a little side bet with you, ill post my selections every friday,

I'm not gonna be having internet bets with strangers mate. And I'm certainly not gonna start searching out your selections each week and keeping a running total.

The huge numbers of people doing these bets regularly means there are always going to be individuals who get a freakishly good run. And if you say you are showing a medium term profit on these bets, I have no reason to disbelieve you.

What I am saying is that you are NEVER getting the correct price on these bets and that means for the vast majority of punters, it is a long term loser, no matter what your selections.

the odds on 4 games is 9-1 so you only get it right 4 times all season say 40 weeks to break even any more than that and its a profit, 4 times ? i could do that closing my eyes and dropping pen on the coupon, bookies make money cos whos gonna put a £1 on to win £9 people stick £2 £3 £5 0n 9 10 11 games and lose nearly every week going for the big hit, but if you just happy getting steady wins and keep your discipline you can be up over a season, i agree the bookies win on goals galore all in all but i stated MY bet that has proven successful and you matter of fact said "no you won't "

Half Time/Full Time on Football is the way forward.

How do I know that? Well the price I get now and the price I used to get has been reduced in the last year by 30%.

I've been banned from the high street and have to do a bit of chicanery to get a bet online.

The top 2 in the Prem & leaders in the Championship. This weekend, Us, Them & Palace.
All losing at HT, win at FT, 33,000/1 treble.

Not even the bet I do, but I struggle to get on the bet(s) I want.

HT/FT only 9 possible outcomes. Barca v Anyone. The bookies hate it, because if they're nailed on (2/5 or less) it's 2 possible outcomes - Barca/Barca, Draw/Barca. (apply as necessary for Celtic, City, Bayern Munich, PSV, Madrid, Galatasaray, Juve, Rosenborg, PSG etc etc).

MissingCityInMelbourne said:
A double on united to beat norwich and Liverpool to beat Wigan gets you double your money. These are the safe bets to win you money.
Liverpool are never a safe bet

bluemc1 said:
tidyman said:
bluemc1 said:

the odds on 4 games is 9-1 so you only get it right 4 times all season say 40 weeks to break even any more than that and its a profit, 4 times ? i could do that closing my eyes and dropping pen on the coupon, bookies make money cos whos gonna put a £1 on to win £9 people stick £2 £3 £5 0n 9 10 11 games and lose nearly every week going for the big hit, but if you just happy getting steady wins and keep your discipline you can be up over a season, i agree the bookies win on goals galore all in all but i stated MY bet that has proven successful and you matter of fact said "no you won't "

Look, good luck to you mate. I'm boring myself a bit now but there is only way to win long term on anything and that is to consistently back things at a bigger price than the actual likely hood if it happening.

I like that you've put a bit more thought into it than most people with your top teams away at middle ranking teams system but the odds drift on games where there is a higher than average chance of both teams scoring to counter that.

If you've found a way of sticking a pen randomly on a coupon and winning long term, I take my hat off to you but you're the first punter in history who's managed it.<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 am --<br /><br />
Blue Punter said:

How do I know that? Well the price I get now and the price I used to get has been reduced in the last year by 30%.

I've been banned from the high street and have to do a bit of chicanery to get a bet online.

The top 2 in the Prem & leaders in the Championship. This weekend, Us, Them & Palace.

HT/FT only 9 possible outcomes. Barca v Anyone. The bookies hate it, because if they're nailed on (2/5 or less) it's 2 possible outcomes - Barca/Barca, Draw/Barca. (apply as necessary for Celtic, City, Bayern Munich, PSV, Madrid, Galatasaray, Juve, Rosenborg, PSG etc etc).

I know it's late but that makes no sense whatsoever.

tidyman said:
bluemc1 said:
tidyman said:

Look, good luck to you mate. I'm boring myself a bit now but there is only way to win long term on anything and that is to consistently back things at a bigger price than the actual likely hood if it happening.

I like that you've put a bit more thought into it than most people with your top teams away at middle ranking teams system but the odds drift on games where there is a higher than average chance of both teams scoring to counter that.

If you've found a way of sticking a pen randomly on a coupon and winning long term, I take my hat off to you but you're the first punter in history who's managed it.

-- Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 am --

Blue Punter said:

I know it's late but that makes no sense whatsoever.

Tidyman, I've always respected you as a poster on Gambling themes.

What bit don't you get?

You're also a bit dismissive about bluemc1.
It's not too hard to keep track on bets. Leighton does tipster comps for Chelts/Royal Ascot/Aintree etc for upwards of 60 entries, 4 days out of 4.

I'll match my HT/FT bets against you. Loser pays £100 to the charity of the winners choice.

GX Blue said:
I think about bets quite alot.

There’s so many times im so tempted to put like 10 grand on Barca or someone when they play at home against weak opposition.

Like last week, Bayern Munich played Eintract Frankfurt at home. They are always gonna win that so if you put 10 grand on that last Saturday you would have won - £12,000. Well £2000 profit. You do one of those bets every week and that’s like £8000 a month!!!

Unfortunately im not that type of person to do that.
I have a conscience and i think about things to much so i don’t have the balls.

But when your sat at work all day for 10 hours and you know if you just put that first big bet on and won you could then play with your winnings so in theory you never lose your own cash after that first big bet....

the thing is, if the odds are 5-1 on then around 20%+ of the time the match might be a draw or a loss, and you'll lose your arse.

the bookies aren't stupid, and they manage their book so (usually) no matter the result they're not taking a bath.

the odds will usually represent something close to the probabilities - with a slight edge to the book (which is how they make their money).

remember what happened at Celtic the other night?

I do know some of the better odds-on gamblers have backed the likes of Steve Davis & Roger Federer, and if you're serious about doing this sort of thing for a living betting exchanges like BetFair offer better odds and lower costs - including opportunities to arbitrage pricing anomalies; the latter being what you need to exploit if you're going to be a successful sports gambler in the long term.

for a bit of fun to test your gambling smarts check out this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a>

(it's the professional gambler aptitude test for non-professionals)

Never do the Correct Score 0-0.

Instead do "No Goalscorer" at the same odds and you'll get paid out if it's not 0-0, but the goals are own goals.

*Apologies if already posted.

Blue Punter said:

You have been banned from the high street bookies for winning on football bets?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.