The one thing we are missing.......

intheknow!

Sorry if someone has already posted but I haven't got time atm to search through all posts. But the one thing we lack is PACE, PACE, PACE, PACE , PACE!!!!!

That's it.

I managed to watch Arsenal Vs AC Milan the other day and the difference between us is/was night and day. They have bags of pace in their attack. They were running at Milan and looked likely to score at every opportunity.

We on the other hand, pass, pass and more useless slow passing allowing all teams to get lots of players back into defensive positions and then we have no way through to goal. The speed of transition from defense to attack from City is way way way too slow. I know everyone loves Barcelona for their passing but they do it at speed, it doesn't work as effectively when you are painfully slow. Unless you are Barca, you gotta mix it up and be more direct at times.

Just my take.

I think we could use a pacey winger, but I guess that's pretty obvious.

Too many times we've not been able to break teams down with our 'tippy tappy' stuff (as Wilkins put it) despite dominance.

Sometimes I feel you just need a good winger to swing the ball in, seems like a good way to get goals when you're dominating all the other aspects of the game. United have been doing it for years, loads of their obnoxious late goals have come because other teams are sitting back and defending a lead/draw and that allows them to get crosses in.

I've preached this almost every week on this forum. We are far too slow. Barry, de Jong, Johnson, nasri, dzeko, silva are not fast at all. Silva can get around that with skill,mind you he hasn't shown that since November IMO. We desperately need Pacey players. We will walk the league next year if we get some

The one thing is pace and width and a plan B and players in form and quicker passing (not the same as pace) and.... probably a few more things.

So not really just one thing is it?

But using that example AC Milan ripped the ARSE to shreds using pace and passing at the San Siro also.
I say keep up with our tatics its worked so far, we are btw an absolute rock at home and rags only had to beat wba @ home using penalties (again and AGAIN)
The 1 thing we are missing is consistency come on bobby manc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bar b blue said:
But using that example AC Milan ripped the ARSE to shreds using pace and passing at the San Siro also.
I say keep up with our tatics its worked so far, we are btw an absolute rock at home and rags only had to beat wba @ home using penalties (again and AGAIN)

unfortunately we have been consistent away from home for the last 7 matches in the league

Nelly's Left Foot said:
bar b blue said:

unfortunately we have been consistent away from home for the last 7 matches in the league

Yeah consistently poor i get it, but i dont think we should change all tatics asap, its obvious our away form will determine the tital destination so lets demand effort as opposed to change!

Arsenal have more pace in their team than us.

We have 17 more points and have scored 14 more goals than them.

Santiago Street . said:
Arsenal have more pace in their team than us.

We have 17 more points and have scored 14 more goals than them.

OK smart arse, I was using the example of me watching their game against Milan. Arsenal are were they are because they're not as good as us but I was highlighting how they attack at speed, which is something we lack.

Another example is Real Madrid and how fast they are when attacking. And thery're 10 points clear in La Liga!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.