The one thing we are missing.......

We may not have pace at the moment but what we really are missing is another game dominator, who is a proper game changer and someone who scares the hell out of the opposition!!

Tevez anyone??

I am willing to take the risk.

I wasn't being a smart arse just making the point that pace isn't the be all and end all of things

That said, I think we're amongst the paciest teams in the league.

I'd say man for man we have more pace than the rags do.

If you look at the moves that led to Aguero's winner at Arsenal and a couple of the goals in the 6-1 we showed outstanding pace on the counter attack

Santiago Street . said:
I wasn't being a smart arse just making the point that pace isn't the be all and end all of things

If you look at the moves that led to Aguero's winner at Arsenal and a couple of the goals in the 6-1 we showed outstanding pace on the counter attack

Think the OP means more pacey players. That was mote pace of the ball movement from end to end. We lack fast players, the rags have young, Valencia, chikatita, nano and even fat waz can be fast. We severely lack this

mancityscot said:
Santiago Street . said:

Think the OP means more pacey players. That was mote pace of the ball movement from end to end. We lack fast players, the rags have young, Valencia, chikatita, nano and even fat waz can be fast. We severely lack this

Aguero, Clichy, Mario, Yaya, Micah are all very fast. Milner too is deceptively quick.

I don't think we lack pace I just think we play in a way that doesn't utilize the pace off these players i.e we don't really play with width.

I don't get it. We were playing with pace earlier in the season why have we slowed down again ? I love nige and Barry but I do think they slow the play down.

citymad said:
I don't get it. We were playing with pace earlier in the season why have we slowed down again ? I love nige and Barry but I do think they slow the play down.

Exactly. We have the capability to move the ball quickly, it's just that we don't (or rather, haven't). We knock the ball around between the center backs and full backs and let the other team get into a defensive position (read: park the bus). If we hit em quickly in attack, they'd not be able to get so organized.

And people think we play like Barcelona just because we possess the ball...many teams do. Well...we don't.

We play it to Kompany, who goes to Lescott, back to Joe, back to Kompany, Lescott, Kompany, Yaya Toure, Silva.

Compare that with Barcelona. THIS is moving the ball slowly by Barcelona standards:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0b_4dOFeTU[/youtube]

it's nothing to do with pacy players

it's how you move the ball. do you think rosicky, arteta etc are fast?

this is one criticism i have about mancini, the way we play is too italian, too slow, too predictable. jens lehman was right when he said we bore teams to death to be able to score. we need to move the ball FASTER

Yes we are missing pace, dreadfully so but the big miss and I said it in August is cover for the centre backs, although we are very unlucky to have both out at once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.