The one thing we are missing.......

.....in the last few games is someone to be more clinical at finishing,sick of the amount of opportunities wasted by not shooting quickly enough and if/when we do its weak off target shots.

Pace is only effective against teams that push up. Teams that defend in numbers on the edge of their penalty area are difficult to break down. Chelsea used to get around this a few years ago by shooting more often after which they scored many goals from deflections and rebounds. The fact is we don't shoot enough. The only shot from outside the box yesterday came from Kolo late on & De Jong which was blocked in the first half. It was pass, pass, pass. Also I don't recall teams defending in the same way when they play United.

we can play at pace but we don't do it as often as we could
dzeko to johno to sergio, goal being an example
we are playing against a back 10 most games which makes it really difficult to play that way.
agreed we don't have someone the pace of lennon say, but it not all about running quickly, more moving the ball quicker is what we can do if space allows.

It's not that we don't have pace....we just don't play with pace. 80% of our possession is spent knocking the ball across the back 4....occasionally to midfield...and then to the back 4 again.

Even when we went a goal down yesterday I watched us play about 10 or more passes without really getting out of our own half. It's so frustrating to watch as there's rarely seems to be any pace or urgency to our play....apart from the last 5 mins of game if we need a goal.

sam-caddick said:
We may not have pace at the moment but what we really are missing is another game dominator, who is a proper game changer and someone who scares the hell out of the opposition!!

Tevez anyone??

I am willing to take the risk.

Pretty much my thinking (except for the last part), yes, we lack pace upfront width-wise as a plan 'B', yes we need to be more clinical in front of goal, yes we need better cover at center back, but the biggest and most single thing we are missing is a player who is a world-class winner, who not only the opposition are scared of, but our own players are too, one that you won't want to be coming off the field to at half/full-time having to justify your performance, a Gattuso, a Tony Adams, a Vieirra, in days gone by a Mike Doyle and dare I say a Roy Keane.

Yaya did an admirable job yesterday in trying, but I don't think he has the personality or make-up like any of the above (obviously has the ability), but someone who just will not accept a player not showing up, for me , the games against Sunderland, the Dippers, West Brom and yesterday in particular that tpe of player alone would have got us through and earned us 3 points.

We tell Carlos will never play for the club again, his crime...........

Telling Mancini at Munich...." get me on the pitch, we are losing and you replace Dzeko with Nigel, get me on I am ready"

Bob " warm up again"

Tevez " why should I warm up again, I am ready to go now"

Rooney commits a far worse crime by turning up for training drunk and what do they do........???

This topic should be the ONE THING THAT WE SHOULD BE MISSING is the defensive holding midfielder :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.