The PA guy again

It was cutting edge,wasnt it?

Didn'tit have like a little space invader type pixelated man raising his arms inthe air and down again when we scored?

A bit like this but a bit shitter:

[]----[]----[]
[]---[][][]--[]
[][][][][][][][]
-----[][][]
-----[]--[]
-----[]--[]

GOAL! GOAL! GOAL!

Come to think of it, that one didn;t work for a few years either. Or Franny didn't want to pay the leccy bill for it.

Didsbury Dave said:

Didn'tit have like a little space invader type pixelated man raising his arms inthe air and down again when we scored?

[] [] []
[] [][][] []
[][][][][][][][]
[][][]
[] []
[] []

GOAL! GOAL! GOAL!

Come to think of it, that one didn;t work for a few years either. Or Franny didn't want to pay the leccy bill for it.

Your drawing is better DD than the actual scoreboard! And yep, that went tits oop as well.
However we were still able to see that we were in 'Greenall Whitley land'

1_barry_conlon said:
Didsbury Dave said:

[] [] []
[] [][][] []
[][][][][][][][]
[][][]
[] []
[] []

GOAL! GOAL! GOAL!

Your drawing is better DD than the actual scoreboard! And yep, that went tits oop as well.
However we were still able to see that we were in 'Greenall Whitley land'

Yes, it was somehow comforting to know we were in the place where beer is cool and hearts are warm when Jamie Pollock OGed us into division 2.

Roger Ringpiece said:
They didn't even give it him at the game did they? I am sure once the big drawn out announcement had finished Tevez was stood near the centre circle, no point even bringing it up if there is no presentation.

coulsonblue said:
all it needs is:

"welcome to the city of manchester stadium.

the team news is as follows, for the visitors, arsenal, 1. j blog, 2. .......

the starting xi for manchester city today is as follows......"

"the half time scores are...."

"the half time draw tickets results are..."

"the players are now coming out for the 2nd half"

"motm"

"full time scores"

none of this rubbish going on for announcements. the tevez pfa player of the month award had that much build up i thought he was going to say he had got player of the year.

they did, but by the time he had finished rambling on, he had received it, had photos taken and cleared off.

1_barry_conlon said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Remeber the nice digital scoreboard on the North Stand?

It seemed to be the height of big-club sophistication when I first started going in the late 70s.

Am I right in remembering it worked for about two years then didn't work for about 20 years?

Might be one for Sir Gary James, that one.

It was always broke but then we went really hi-tech with the advent of the 'greenalls' scoreboard in the kippax/platt lane corner.

Stick your 50ft plasmas, this was cutting edge.

Don't get me started... this is one of my pet obsessions. The North Stand board was hilarious towards the end because some of the bulbs didn't work so they worded messages to get around it. Also, there was always such a delay between each line of detail that the anticipation would grow while we waited for the second line. Football scores sometimes couldn't be read because bulbs had gone.

But the Greenalls board was even better. My favourite was the 'tank' they flashed up that alternated with the word ATTACK! when we got a corner.
Actually there were 2 things the club kept getting wrong off the pitch in the 80s (yeah, I know there were more, but these were the 2 consistent errors that they tried to fix). These were the scoreboard (in the end we had 3 attempts between the late 70s and end of the 90s to get this right) and, ironically, after what we've said the PA system.

In the Kippax the PA system could never be heard, so we missed important scorelines and had to rely on the pathetic scoreboards. The fanzines often went on about it, and I think it was Ian Niven who once said "We've tested it and it works fine". What happened was that he'd tested it in an empty stadium when there was no other noise!

Which emphasises the point about the clown going on for too long then!!!

coulsonblue said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
They didn't even give it him at the game did they? I am sure once the big drawn out announcement had finished Tevez was stood near the centre circle, no point even bringing it up if there is no presentation.

they did, but by the time he had finished rambling on, he had received it, had photos taken and cleared off.

I hate Liverpool, i hate everything about them.

But they got one thing spot on tonight.

Huge game where they needed a win, they didn't have Fat Boy Slim or Dario G or Calvin Harris on when the teams were coming out. The PA system was turned off and the players were greeted to the whole ground singing their anthem.

THAT is how it should be done. Take note city, no shitty music, no pointless drivel, just let the fans do the business.

Gary James said:
1_barry_conlon said:
It was always broke but then we went really hi-tech with the advent of the 'greenalls' scoreboard in the kippax/platt lane corner.

Stick your 50ft plasmas, this was cutting edge.

Don't get me started... this is one of my pet obsessions. The North Stand board was hilarious towards the end because some of the bulbs didn't work so they worded messages to get around it. Also, there was always such a delay between each line of detail that the anticipation would grow while we waited for the second line. Football scores sometimes couldn't be read because bulbs had gone.

But the Greenalls board was even better. My favourite was the 'tank' they flashed up that alternated with the word ATTACK! when we got a corner.
Actually there were 2 things the club kept getting wrong off the pitch in the 80s (yeah, I know there were more, but these were the 2 consistent errors that they tried to fix). These were the scoreboard (in the end we had 3 attempts between the late 70s and end of the 90s to get this right) and, ironically, after what we've said the PA system.

In the Kippax the PA system could never be heard, so we missed important scorelines and had to rely on the pathetic scoreboards. The fanzines often went on about it, and I think it was Ian Niven who once said "We've tested it and it works fine". What happened was that he'd tested it in an empty stadium when there was no other noise!

Gary, with regard to the Greenall's board, how could you forget "(insert sponsors name) have cornered the market!" *two white gloved hands clapping* after corners when the tank didn't appear.

Fucking brill.

m27 said:
Gary James said:

Gary, with regard to the Greenall's board, how could you forget "(insert sponsors name) have cornered the market!" *two white gloved hands clapping* after corners when the tank didn't appear.

Fucking brill.

That game was sponsored by Len Ganley,hence the white gloves.

1_barry_conlon said:
m27 said:

Fucking brill.

That game was sponsored by Len Ganley,hence the white gloves.

A namecheck for Bluemoon's target audience there Bazzer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.