The Panic

Ricster

We are seeing Liverpool and Chelsea spending large at this late stage of the transfer window, and in the last 24 hrs Spurs had an huge bid rejected for Aguero. To me this smells of panic by 3 clubs hoping to battle it out for the last CL place.

Reading the amount of City fans on here saying they are disappointed that we haven't moved in the market is quite unbelievable to be honest. Have we seen Wenger or Fergie splash out. No. We have a settled squad, pretty much like Arsenal and United, and a squad that will continue to get better the more they play together. Why would we need to bring in another player, when our squads best days are certainly going to be next season?

The amount of times i have heard many say, it takes a player a season to get used to the Prem, is never ending. So with Kolarov, Boateng, Yaya, Silva, Balotelli, and Dzeko still having their best form to come then why do we need to go out and spend.

We are on the right course fellow blues. We just need to be patient and let the other teams do the panic buying. We have a squad capable of winning the Prem, all we need now is time and the belief.

Let the others panic buy and waste a fortune, the question is how long will it take for these big money signings to settle?

Its good news all the way for me.

CTID

totally agree cover for aj though on a loan might have been nice.
This time a season ago carroll had 4 championship goals what a joke

Well said, that man!

The squad is really starting to gel and getting to know each other; we don't need the disruption.

By the way, taggart hasn't any money to buy players, so that question is irrelevant.

Oh no, sorry. I forgot.

There is no value in the market.

I'm in complete agreement. I can't believe people are saying we should throw down millions for Ashley Young as cover for AJ. Do we really think he would be content to sit on the bench?

We have a squad. It does have some shallow parts, but it's a very good squad.

Liverpool aren't panic buying they are shit and are strengthening their team. Chelsea aren't panic buying, they have an aging forward line and nobody to compliment Terry at CB so they've strengthened. Spurs don't think Crouch or Pavlyucenko are good enough so have tried to sign a striker to strengthen.

Why is it panic buying? Because it's not us?

My concern is that when we have to look to the bench to change a game, all we have is Jo and SWP. I'm not sure they can change their clothes, never mind a game.

danburge82 said:
Liverpool aren't panic buying they are shit and are strengthening their team. Chelsea aren't panic buying, they have an aging forward line and nobody to compliment Terry at CB so they've strengthened. Spurs don't think Crouch or Pavlyucenko are good enough so have tried to sign a striker to strengthen.

Why is it panic buying? Because it's not us?
35 million is way too much for Carroll. Way too much.

It can be argued that Chelsea is spending far too much on Torres. I disagree and think they've done a nice bit of business.

The Spuds are scattershot throwing darts at a board and offering crazy money because they evidently feel they're getting left behind in the race for the Champion's League spots. They're panicking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.