The Panic

danburge82 said:
Liverpool aren't panic buying they are shit and are strengthening their team. Chelsea aren't panic buying, they have an aging forward line and nobody to compliment Terry at CB so they've strengthened. Spurs don't think Crouch or Pavlyucenko are good enough so have tried to sign a striker to strengthen.

Why is it panic buying? Because it's not us?

Is Andy Carrol worth £35m? And what kind of reputation have Eredivisie players got coming straight from Holland to the Prem, forget the Suarez price tag? That is why i believe Liverpool have been panic buying.

Chelsea may have an ageing forward line, but they have signed someone with a very poor, recent injury history and a player who has only showed glimpses of the Torres we all once knew and admired for a staggering £50m. Also, Luiz has looked a solid player in the Portugeuse league, but this season he has looked good and bad, and not a shadow of his former self. £25m is totally exagerated on recent form.

Talking about Luiz, there is a player at Shakhtar called Dmitri Chygrynskiy, who was rated as the best defender in Europe outside of the big clubs. He went to Barca for £20m and just couldn't get upto speed in La Liga. There isn't to much difference between the league in Ukraine and Portugal, especially in terms of talent and style of play. So there is a huge possibility that Luiz could flop, so yes, i see it as a panic buy.

Spurs may not think they have enough fire power, i agrre, but to sign a player like Aguero isn't exactly going to add fire power is it? He has scored 7 goals this season and only 12 goals last season. He likes to play in the hole behind the striker, so how will this affect there team's balance? Surely they wont play RVV along with Kun, i just cant see how that will work. Aguero seems more like a big name to make fans happy rather than giving them the goals that someone like a Llorrente or Ibesivic would give them. So yeah, i see that as panic buying also.

The OP speaks a lot of sense. While I do think we've got the best squad in the league I still think that we need to improve in certain positions & cover for others. I can't see us winning the league for another two seasons so as long as we keep improving performance wise I have no problem with us not splashing the cash every chance we get.

you just know arry will sign someone at 1 minute to the deadline as he always does.

Carrol- LOL is all that needs to be said.
Torres a good bit of business as only 26 with Drogba and Anelka in thier 30's

Wished we would have been abit more active esp with injuries atm but i trust Mancini knows best

What pisses meoff more than anything is the hypocrisy of the media when it comes to any other club other than us splashing cash left, right and centre.

Just heard Steve Claridge on 5Live say he likes all these clubs throwing money about as it shows how strong the Premiership is.
Funny then how when we do it, it's disgraceful, obscene, and ruining football.

After watching that shambles yesterday it seems to me we have a first team not a squad.My main concern is our defence,Kolo is rocky to say the least at the moment,Boateng hasnt quite adjusted yet and right back is totally up in the air,there is no one that is inspiring apart from Kompany.

hertsblue said:
you just know arry will sign someone at 1 minute to the deadline as he always does.

Carrol- LOL is all that needs to be said.
Torres a good bit of business as only 26 with Drogba and Anelka in thier 30's

I don't agree.

I think it's an extortionate amount of money for a player who has been out of form for a long time now and injury-prone for a lot longer.

Hertsblue,Harry the twitch will sign a player well after midnight over an hour after the "Window" is shut,but,its 'arry no problem.

wahablue said:
Hertsblue,Harry the twitch will sign a player well after midnight over an hour after the "Window" is shut,but,its 'arry no problem.
Reports are that any in-progress deals have until 1 a.m. to be completed. I'm sure 'Arry will be very convincing as he tells everyone that of course the deal was in the works before the window closed.

Ricster said:
We are seeing Liverpool and Chelsea spending large at this late stage of the transfer window, and in the last 24 hrs Spurs had an huge bid rejected for Aguero. To me this smells of panic by 3 clubs hoping to battle it out for the last CL place.

Reading the amount of City fans on here saying they are disappointed that we haven't moved in the market is quite unbelievable to be honest. Have we seen Wenger or Fergie splash out. No. We have a settled squad, pretty much like Arsenal and United, and a squad that will continue to get better the more they play together. Why would we need to bring in another player, when our squads best days are certainly going to be next season?

The amount of times i have heard many say, it takes a player a season to get used to the Prem, is never ending. So with Kolarov, Boateng, Yaya, Silva, Balotelli, and Dzeko still having their best form to come then why do we need to go out and spend.

We are on the right course fellow blues. We just need to be patient and let the other teams do the panic buying. We have a squad capable of winning the Prem, all we need now is time and the belief.

Let the others panic buy and waste a fortune, the question is how long will it take for these big money signings to settle?

Its good news all the way for me.

CTID

Well said, some on here are like spoiled brats throwing a
tantrum because Santa never got them everything they asked for.
It's not that long ago i was sick because Malbranque and Sidwell
knocked us back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.