The Pep effect at grassroots

I coach a grassroots team and we still hoof it out from the back - but that's because it is generally the only way we can score. when they try and play out from the back we get mullered. In my head I'm Pep but in my heart I know I'm Tony Pulis.

In my defence I haven't instructed them to play like that, they've just worked out that's what works.
So you're Mourinho?

I coach a grassroots team and we still hoof it out from the back - but that's because it is generally the only way we can score. when they try and play out from the back we get mullered. In my head I'm Pep but in my heart I know I'm Tony Pulis.

In my defence I haven't instructed them to play like that, they've just worked out that's what works.

going by the state of the kids pitches around here trying to pass through mud, long grass, playing at 100mph with screaming parents and kids all around the ball like bees around honey long ball is the only way to go !!. My team use to play out from the back and we would get hammered but now 10yrs on those lads are the more rounded players now that they have the strength to play on those ground conditions.

I coach at a decent grass roots level and use Peps marked zones on the pitch quite a lot in training. Gives the players a great help with team shape and how best to use the space available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.