The Pep Effect

It must hurt like fuck going from top dog to serial loser/laughing stock. They never imagined it would happen to them. The media keeps telling them they’re still important, their players are world-beaters blah-blah but deep down they know it’s total bollocks, they know they’re a million miles behind us and it’s killing them. So many rags I know have “gone off football now…it’s all about money”. They won’t talk football for the most part but every chance I get I land a little dig…who knows how long this will all last but it’s great fun.
Oh its killing em, I married into a big family all reds apart from 3 of us, 40-50 for every get together.
For years every Christmas , wedding, and doo etc football was the major topic,
Now not a peep , nothing , only time in the last 8-10 years was after last years derby with their dodgy offside goal,
Met one of em walking round DFS came bounding over loved it they had beaten us, I’m pretty laid back and never bite just smile (that winds em up even more)
Same at the Christmas get together, they are back etc, wedding a few weeks ago, all gone very quiet again, no mention of football at all,
And these guys have been scum supporters for 20,30 and 40+ years home and away seen it all. So you would expect a bit of chat about football but nothing.

Ooohhh it really is killing em.

And I’m loving it.

It must hurt like fuck going from top dog to serial loser/laughing stock. They never imagined it would happen to them. The media keeps telling them they’re still important, their players are world-beaters blah-blah but deep down they know it’s total bollocks, they know they’re a million miles behind us and it’s killing them. So many rags I know have “gone off football now…it’s all about money”. They won’t talk football for the most part but every chance I get I land a little dig…who knows how long this will all last but it’s great fun.
It wouldn’t hurt so much if they’d behaved with a bit of class when they were at the top. But they were cunts who didn’t have an ounce of class between all 650m of them.

Cunts who rub it in the faces of those who aren’t as successful are the ones who can’t handle it when the success ends.

Also, it wouldn’t hurt so much of those who only support them because they were winning things hadn’t just latched onto them because of success. Like I said above, those who are only interested in clubs because they win trophies have nothing when the trophies stop and they don’t know how to handle it.

Their entire reason for following a club has ended. It must feel as hollow for them now as it looked from the outside when they latched onto them when they were winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.