The performance last night...

A A

Anonymous

...was very very reminiscent of how we played at times under Mark Hughes...lots of huge gaps between midfield and the back 4, looking very very vulnerable on the break, needing the magic of one of our stars to crack a team ...

Just an observation...I'm sure i'll get slaughtered for it...but hey ho.

The more things change the more they stay the same...

BillyShears said:
...was very very reminiscent of how we played at times under Mark Hughes...lots of huge gaps between midfield and the back 4, looking very very vulnerable on the break, needing the magic of one of our stars to crack a team ...

until we get a midfield that can dictate and dominate a game we will always look disjointed.

we have players who can dig us out of an hole, but the midfield is average at best.

fathellensbellend said:
BillyShears said:

until we get a midfield that can dictate and dominate a game we will always look disjointed.

we have players who can dig us out of an hole, but the midfield is average at best.

A very fair point. However as average as that midfield is, is there really any excuse for our inability to impose any pressure on their midfield? We conceded so much ground so many times, that at times it looked like we were playing with 4 up front and 4 at the back, and were happy to give Wigan the ball anywhere in the middle of the park...

If Wigan had just a little bit more nous going forwards, they would have scored at least a couple of goals in the first half...

BillyShears said:
fathellensbellend said:

A very fair point. However as average as that midfield is, is there really any excuse for our inability to impose any pressure on their midfield? We conceded so much ground so many times, that at times it looked like we were playing with 4 up front and 4 at the back, and were happy to give Wigan the ball anywhere in the middle of the park...

If Wigan had just a little bit more nous going forwards, they would have scored at least a couple of goals in the first half...

de jong sits and vieria stands, there is no mobility in the middle of the park.

barry is cumbersome, but has good positional sense.

the things that worried you last night came to fruition against everton, where there busier, more effective midfield totally bossed ours.

we are blessed, we have tevez, but the inspiration from others is sadly lacking, step forward swp.

The first half was just plain boring, the second half a lot better from most of the players.

Zabba i love the guy but he needs to stop diving in, i cringe everytime theirs a 50/50. toure needs to watch some videos of defenders. And Viera should go to the world cup, id love to see some garbae african team walk past france like a Garbage Wigan team did to us last night.

Tevez Amazing as usual, AJ looks like he has a bright future(and ending SWP at our club)

mcfc_die_hard said:
but if it was under hughes we would have conceded. it was bobby and we didnt concede
More by luck than anything.

To be honest going down to the game last night I said that I was not bothered about the performance the main thing was coming away with the 3 points. That might sound a bit daft, but I really believe that at this stage of the season we to ensure victories in every game, if we can do this by playing great entertaining football all the better, but I couldn't really care less as long as we keep picking up points.

Papering over cracks yet again. If the paper lasts to the end of the season I'll be delighted though.

I'm a fan of mancini and think overall he has done a good job, however his tactics last night were very wide of the mark. The midfield was disjointed, 1 striker, no link up play, adebayor, viera.... I could go on....

I was in 109 and heard a lot of booing at HT, I choose to believe it was for the referee since no right minded blue would be so short sighted to boo city; a team in the closing stages of a best league finish for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.