The performance last night...

Didsbury Dave said:
I'd say the majority of performances under Mancini have been poor overall.

We haven't dominated a game from start to finish for a long, long time.

We are missing some key players but last night's first half was the worst at home of the season.

We won 3-0 so job done. But things still haven't "clicked". Time's running out - but we're still in the running so there is hope. I'd feel much better with the back four we were settled on of Richards, Kompany, Lescott and Bridge.

We must get 6 points from the next two games, and start to play well, to have any chance of the top four.

I'd say the majority of performances all season have been poor when you look at every aspect of the game but thats got to be put down to the personel aswell as the manager. We'll never be convincing for most of the match while we've got such a one dimension set of centre midfielders because they're not good enough with the ball at their feet to dictate the tempo and control the game. Ireland and one of Barry, NDJ and Vieira could work better but sadly Ireland isn't in good enough form to make it work and we'll just have to carry on like this until the end of the season and i'm sure Mancini will sort it out in the summer and we'll have a much better midfield who are much more effective with the ball at their feet

i think they lack motivation besides tevez
i cant remember the last time we came out and had a great first half,
everton, wigan sunderland even chelsea, we were awful in the first half, it needs sorting, and for what my opinions worth, the footballs been shit under, but we just need points now

Failsworth_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

We are missing some key players but last night's first half was the worst at home of the season.

We won 3-0 so job done. But things still haven't "clicked". Time's running out - but we're still in the running so there is hope. I'd feel much better with the back four we were settled on of Richards, Kompany, Lescott and Bridge.

We must get 6 points from the next two games, and start to play well, to have any chance of the top four.

I'd say the majority of performances all season have been poor when you look at every aspect of the game but thats got to be put down to the personel aswell as the manager. We'll never be convincing for most of the match while we've got such a one dimension set of centre midfielders because they're not good enough with the ball at their feet to dictate the tempo and control the game. Ireland and one of Barry, NDJ and Vieira could work better but sadly Ireland isn't in good enough form to make it work and we'll just have to carry on like this until the end of the season and i'm sure Mancini will sort it out in the summer and we'll have a much better midfield who are much more effective with the ball at their feet

Results were poor overall under Hughes, but wierdly, performances were pretty good this season. It was terrible errors which cost us all those points. The only times we were bad under Hughes, if I remember correctly, were for 25 minutes in the second half against United, and Spurs away.

It's almost been the opposite under Mancini: patches of good play, lots of poor play. Reasonable results.

Didsbury Dave said:

I think we're beyond "playing well". As you say performances haven't really improved since Mancini took over, so it's a case of maintaining the status quo and hoping that we do enough and have a few more inspired performances from the likes of Tevez and Ade...

My biggest disappointment is that we've established very little consistency or fluidity to our play since Bobby came in. Even with our midfield deficiencies, we still have players good enough to be able to find a way of playing which suits the team...

I thought we were in control for the 90 minutes, and only needed to find a way through their defence.

They were never going to score.

There's a lot of talk on here about tactics/managers/substitutions etc, and probably quite rightly so (discussion board and all that). The fact that the tactics change, the manager changes and we still end up playing the same way, strongly suggests to me that the players are the problem. Some of them simply aren't good enough, but I'm sure Mancini already knows this and has to work with what he's got. Bearing this in mind, the mans doing a decent job (apart from his handling of Robinho), and deserves the opportunity to bring in his own players in the summer (Mourinho apart). In the meantime, I'd suggest Mancini takes a leaf from the film Jimmy Grimble. To paraphrase 'Give it to Carlos, give it to Carlos'. Bellamy passes to adebayor who misses. 'Should have give it to bloody Carlos'.

Dave S said:
The performance - if you can call it that - was woeful to say the least. Vierra's passing was, at times, atrocious whilst at other times he looked about sixty. I can't see twitchy Harry worrying too much about us overtaking Spurs going off this performance. A decent team would have battered us last night.

I disagree, it is precisely these big physical sides that cause us all the problems, mancini doesn't know how to play them because they don't play football.

teams don't come to coms to beat us, they come to stop us playing. burnley, stoke, bolton, wigan, blackburn, portsmouth...etc...etc...ad nauseum

moomba said:
They were never going to score.

If that's the way you saw things, then there isn't really much else you can contribute to the thread as you disagree with the very fundamental points of the thread.

In terms of looking at a match objectively, I'd say that with just a touch more composure from Wigan on the break, they most certainly could and would have scored...

Didsbury Dave said:
Results were poor overall under Hughes, but wierdly, performances were pretty good this season. It was terrible errors which cost us all those points. The only times we were bad under Hughes, if I remember correctly, were for 25 minutes in the second half against United, and Spurs away.

I thought Wolves were the better team for long periods against us, and there were quiter a few games like that. The way our defence was that was all that was needed for those soul destroying late goals conceded.

It wasn't pretty football last night, but there was only ever going to be one winner.

Didsbury Dave said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

It's almost been the opposite under Mancini: patches of good play, lots of poor play. Reasonable results.

That post is gonna cause trouble me thinks...;- )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.