The performance last night...

In some ways the problem for both managers this year has been Carlos Tevez.

You have to play him, of course, he's our main dangerman. But for him to be really effective he needs to be second striker. Which means 4-4-2. Which can leave you exposed in central midfield if you play with wide men. Which is what happened against wigan.

It's a conundrum which the manager hasn't really solved yet.

Didsbury Dave said:

You have to play him, of course, he's our main dangerman. But for him to be really effective he needs to be second striker. Which means 4-4-2. Which can leave you exposed in central midfield if you play with wide men. Which is what happened against wigan.

I think we could play 4-5-1

Tevez up front with Bellamy and Johnson (one of our signings i'm pleased with, real talent) supporting him. The play two holding midfielders, De Jong and Barry, slightly behind a playmaker. It's the playmaker role i have issues with.

I'd prefer us to have better RB and LB too !

tevezblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Tevez up front with Bellamy and Johnson (one of our signings i'm pleased with, real talent) supporting him. The play two holding midfielders, De Jong and Barry, slightly behind a playmaker. It's the playmaker role i have issues with.

We played that system at Chelsea and Everton ome for half an hour.

IT gives us more bite in midfield of course.

The problem is that Tevez is less dangerous in that role (unless he rolls off the defender's shoulder). Also, he doesn't win the long balls. He needs it to feet.

We are team full of little cunundrums like that with no clear overriding answer.

tevezblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Tevezblue, you previously called Mancini "tactically inept" but you concede that we haven't got a playmaker and the full backs aren't up to scratch, and then come up with a formation which Mancini has tried and which has had varied results.

Ever crossed your mind that Mancini might want to bring in a playmaker, better midfielders and new full backs?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.