The photos thread

EyEN2b3XEAEvrNf

The Hotel du Camelia at 89 Rue Mouffetard, Paris, in 1914, just before the onset of the Great War. It is original colour (not colourised).

E-g1lt-MXo-AYz-J-d-format-jpg-name-4096x4096.jpg

Ernest Shackleton and his crew on the ice, beside their ship Endurance, during his trans-antarctic expedition in 1915. Taken on paget plate by Frank Hurley. It is original colour (not colourised).

E-g1lt-MXo-AYz-J-d-format-jpg-name-4096x4096.jpg

Ernest Shackleton and his crew on the ice, beside their ship Endurance, during his trans-antarctic expedition in 1915. Taken on paget plate by Frank Hurley. It is original colour (not colourised).
I'm in the process of reading Shackleton's ship (and ice) diaries at the moment. Many incredible photos, not too many in original colour like this though. The ones of the Endurance breaking up in the ice are amazing. Such fortitude from everyone.

Someone has been a little unwell for the last few days and I am relieved to see him on the mend. Nasty stomach bug, but two vet trips later and hes on the mend. Following me everywhere and I actually don't mind this time.View attachment 26418

Glad the fella is on the mend, but a huge jelly bean isn't going to aid his recovery mate :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.